Rose

I felt my eyes open lightly, not recognizing my surroundings because my vision was a total blur.
As soon as I could see clear, I looked around the room. I didn't recognize a thing til my eyes landed on someone. My eyes widen when realization hit me. This isn't just someone. It's Elena! But what the hell was she doing here? Or better what the hell are we doing here?
"Elena?" She hummed in response. Someone had a pretty good sleep, well at least I'd like to think so.  "Lucy?" "Yeah." "Where - where are we?" "Honestly? I have no idea." I replied while I looked around again til a woman entered the room. "So you are awake. Good." She stated coldly.  She seemed so familiar. She had green eyes, that could radiate, if she wanted to, I'm sure and a brown short haircut which emphasized her facial features. No. It couldn't be Rose, now could it? "Rose?" I asked in shock, not wanting to believe that she was still alive. "Hello, Lucy." "What the hell, I haven't seen you in ages. I thought you were dead!" "I am. Kind of. It's good to see you again." I rolled my eyes at her comment.  "And you couldn't just knock on my door and say something like 'Hey Lucy it's me Rose.' No, instead you had to kidnap me!" I said getting angry. "Why are we here?" Elena asked. "Don't worry, you will see it soon." "What. Do. You. Want?" She asked. Rose stepped dangerously forward ready to slap her but I got between them. "Rose, you're my friend but I'll kill you myself if you even touch her. Understand?" Rose nodded and turned around to leave. "Oh and we both know, I'd kill you instead, honey." She stopped in her trails before actually leaving the room. My eyes rolled. Again.
"What are we going to do now?" Elena asked me. "Honestly, we can only wait." I answered her while looking around for something I didn't even know I was looking for. While my eyes were wandering across the room, they spotted  something on the couch. A crumbled piece of paper. My brows furrowed as I took  and opened it.

Damon and Stefan are coming to get you. -B

Thank God. I was relieved. A smile made its way onto my lips.
"Elena." I gave her the piece of paper.
Her mouth was about to open when we heard a noise. "Follow me." I whispered. She nodded.
"Rose he'll kill me! Elijah will kill me!" A familiar voice said. "Elijah is old school He won't kill you."
I knew this voice. Trevor. Didn't think he was either.
I'd never thought they would live that long. I just knew they were on the run because they helped Katherine somehow and they still probably are. I never really knew why though.
I was looking back to Elena signaling her to follow me upstairs.
We got into another room. "Hey! Where do you think you are going? You can't escape." Rose affirmed as she caught us. Whoops.
"Really, Rose? You're gonna hand me over? Just like that? I thought we were friends." I replied disappointed. "We are. But you need to understand. Do you know how it is being on the run for 500 years? Hiding everywhere the sun can't get you?" She simply told. "Guess you should ask Katherine, she probably knows." She narrowd her eyes at me and I fake smiled.  "I'm sick of it, Lucy." Rose told again. "You know, I know why you kidnapped Elena. No offence by the way Elena." I spoke. "But why do you need me? I'm just a vampire. I'm useless." I contunied trying to figure out why she needed me. "You're his soulmate." Wait what?! How the hell does she know? "Ah, see I guess, thats where you are wrong." I simply stated. Rose just shook her head.  "The Originals." Elena whispered. "So, you do know your history." Rose shot back. "What does Elijah want from us?" I asked her sternly. "Honestly I have no idea why he wants you, Lucy. But he wants the doppelganger. Probably because she's the key." "The key? What do you mean?" Elena asked confused. "You're the key to break the curse." "The curse? The sun and moon curse? What do you mean I'm the key? The moonstone is what breaks the curse." "No, the moonstone is what binds the curse. The sacrifice will break it." Rose replied calmly.  "The sacrifice?" Elena asked. Rose rolled her eyes. She was clearly annoyed.  "The blood of the doppelganger. You are the doppelganger. Which means, in order to break the curse you are the one who has to die."
Okay. Enough. "Have you both now finished to discuss? Yeah? Good." I replied annoyed. "No one is going to die." "You know, Lucy. I seriously wished for you and your friend she didn't have to die but she does. She's the Petrova doppelganger. Her blood is the key."

Stefan's and Damon's P.O.V

"Thank you for helping me." Stefan told his older brother. "Can we not do the whole road trip bonding thing? The cliché of it all makes me itch." "Oh, come on Damon. We both know that you being in this car have absolutely nothing to do with me anyway." "You're right it doesn't. I'm only coming because I'm sure as hell whoever took Elena, took Lucy." Damon argured.
"You're not even coming because of Lucy.  Just get it out. I mean, are you in this car because you want to help your little brother save the girl that he loves? Or is it because you love her too? Hmm? I mean come on, express yourself. I happen to like road trip bonding." Stefan replied. "Keep it up, Stefan. I can step out of helping as easily as I stepped in. Like I said, I'm coming because of Lucy."

Lucy's P.O.V

"So you're just gonna hand us over?" I asked Rose once again in disbelief.
"I'm just the delivery service." She said coldly. "Wow and here I thought we were friends." I muttered.
"As much as I hate doing this. I want to be free." "I can understand this but you are handing me over just like nothing! You could have come to me and I'd help you but no! Instead you hand me over to some dick of Original!" I exclaimed.  She didn't answer.
"Unbelievable." I muttered and went downstairs again.  Elena and Rose followed me.
"He's here! That was a mistake!" Trevor entered panicking.
"I told you I get us out of this. You have trust me." She assured him. "No! He wants me dead, Rose!" "He wants them more." "No. I can't do this! You give them to him but I need to get out of here!" Trevor panicked again.
"Hey! What are we?" Rose asked. "We're family. Forever." He said as someone knocked at the door.
"I don't want to ruin the moment but I think your guest arrived." I mentioned with a fake smile on my face.  "You're scared." Elena whispered towards them.
"You stay here with them and don't make a sound." Rose commanded.
And then she left. "It'snot like we have a choice." I muttered to myself.

Rose's P.O.V

I opened the door and saw Elijah standing there in one of his expensive suits. Like always.
"Rose- Marie. Is there somewhere we can talk?" "Yes in here. You have to forgive the house." I excused. "Oh no, what's a little dirt? So tell me, what is it that gave you courage to call me?" He asked me.
"I wanted my freedom. I'm tired of running. You are in a position to accord me that?" I told honestly. "I have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet. What is his name these days? Trevor. If a saws fit it." I took a breath. Thank God.
"Katerina Petrova." "I'm listening." He told me. "She didn't burn in the church in 1864. She survived." I said. "Where is she?" He simply asked. "You don't seem surprised by that." "Oh, I knew that it has to do something with Katerina if you call me to come to Mystic Falls. Do you have her new position?" "No. But I have her doppelganger. She's human. And Klaus's soulmate too." I told him. "That's impossible. Her line ended with her. I know that for matters of facts." "Well facts are wrong. Elijah, I know you are a man of honor but I need to hear you say it again." I contunied. I know he won't break his word but just to be sure. "You have my word. I will pardon you." I was relieved for a second. "Follow me then."

Lucy's P.O.V

Rose entered the room again, with some guy in a suit. That must be Elijah.
Elena and I exchanged glances. Terrified clearly written all over her face.
"That's impossible." He muttered and I just stared at him. I knew him. But from where?
He sped towards Elena and he somehow smelled that she was human.
Then it hit me. That's the man from my soulmates memories! Elijah is his brother. He tried to compell Elena and when he failed, he ripped her necklace away and could easily compell her. Loophole. She told everything about Katherine and where she was. Then he came towards me.
"You're his soulmate." He said. "I know you." I whispered. "Pardon. I believe you have mistaken me for someone else." He replied simply. "I know who you are." I whispered once again. Suddenly we heard a noice out of nowhere.  "Who is in the house?" He asked turning around. "Rose?" He asked again, warningly.  "I don't know! Really!" She confessed honestly.
"Well, I have business to take care of, Trevor. Shall we?" Elijah mentioned walking towards him.
"Elijah. I beg for your forgiveness. I failed you." "Oh, you didn't fail me." He contunied. "Yes, I did. You trusted me with Katerina and I failed. I'm sorry." Trevor insisted. "Forgiveness granted." Trevor smiled but then  suddenly Elijah rips out Trevors head with his hand.
"You!" "Rose, not that you are free." He shrugged. "Hey, asshole! Trevor was a friend of mine too! Who do you think you are just killing people, huh?!" I exclaimed angry.
He turned around. The last thing I felt was my head getting hit by something hard and all went black. Again.