Chapter Seven

After While Crocodile 

We left the sushi place, and headed back to the offices. Lunch wasn't over yet, but Adam wanted to cut it short. That way, he could call a meeting about our departure. Again, we were in a tight schedule. This was probably the best choice. 

I drove my car to the restaurant, so Ross hitched a ride with me. Barney and Em were with Adam. Thank God for that. I have a feeling that Ross wants to talk to me. I looked as surprised anyone when he announced he was thinking about leaving. I'd looked like I didn't except it at all. I just hope he didn't think my decision was last-minute...

And, just as luck would have it, Ross does think that way. "Hey, uh. Max. You know, you don't have to leave the office because of me..." he says slowly.

"No, no. What I said is true. I really do want to leave and focus on my own channel." I say.

"You sure man? You seemed pretty shocked when I mentioned." Ross points out.

"Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. But I can reassure you, I really was thinking about leaving before you mentioned your thought." I say. I actually was, but I'd never really thought it out properly.

"I mean, if you say so..." Ross responds.

For the rest of the ride, we're silent. The only thing that could be heard was the wind and some song from Panic! At The Disco playing softly. But both Ross and I were cool with that.

It seemed like only a few seconds had passed by the time we'd made it back to the offices. We'd arrived before Adam, Emily, and John. Great.

"Hey. We got here first. We beat 'em. That's pretty neat." Ross comments.

"But we weren't in a race." I say.

"But we still got here first." he repeats.

"You go ahead and take pleasure in that."

*****

"Aye, everyone! I'm calling in a meeting!" Adam basically shouts. Everybody walks into the meeting room. Thankfully, everyone was at the office when Adam wanted the meeting called. I notice their unhappy faces. Nobody likes a meeting. Jordan gave Adam a pouty face.

"What about? Because seriously, I don't need s**t to waste my time." Tristan says rudely.

"No, it really is serious dude. More serious than you probably think." Adam responds.

"What? Is someone leaving the office? Oh no!" Corey says, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.