Chapter Seventeen

(A/N HERE YOU GO. I DON'T LIKE HOW IT CAME OUT BUT HERE YOU GO. Art done by the amazing TerribleThings126 on DeviantART! I know she has a qoutev too but I unfortunately don't know the username she's under ;u; I love how he came out like ohmygoodness hE'S BEAUTIFUL AND HE'S FALLING WHICH ADDS A BETTER FEEL TO THIS AAAAA-)

I'm On The Run. They're All After Me

"Damnit, kill the thing!"

"I-I'm sorry, but i-it's.. it's terrifying!"

"If you can't shoot without trembling, I'll do it myself!"

BANG!

Another bullet whizzes past me, and I would've been shot through the head if Ross hadn't pushed me out of the way. He fiercely grabs my hand and drags the shrieking mess that I am towards the nearby trees.

It's a bit of a task, getting to the trees. To ge there, we have to run through a dirty parking lot full of people scared silly, avoid being shot by the police force, and try not to trip over anything. You'll never know what you could trip over in a place full of trash thrown all over the floor, especially when you're avoiding bullets AKA projectile death. Funny that I can think of that now, given the current situation both Ross and I unhappily find ourselves in.

I begin to pick up my pace, and soon I can outrun the police men and Ross if I wanted to, but not by very much. Despite this, I force myself to keep pace with him, since I don't want to leave him to the police. They'd most likely catch up to him and question why he'd help me escape. Heck, they could possibly even shoot him, no questions asked. Adrenaline pumping, we run on.

I pick up the sound of general forest debris crunching beneath our feet and the sharp smell of the trees' bark. I can hear the surprised yip of a wild fox, as well as it's small paws sprinting through the leaves. I'm surprised I can hear and smell those little details. My senses must've sharpened due to this.. this thing I've turned into.

"Max!" Ross suddenly says. "Max.. Can you.. pluck a few... feathers... for me..?" Ross asks me in between breaths. His face is a bright red, and he's gradually slowing down, while I on the other hand, can keep going for a while. I guess my, er, 'demon side' has its perks.

I give him an outraged screech as a reply. I may hate these damn wings of mine, but I'd rather not have them plucked like a chicken's. Ross glares at me, and reaches to pluck them anyways. He successfully plucks four feathers before I smack him with the- oh alright, my wing. I shriek at him furiously.

"Shut up... Max... there's a fork... in the trail.. go left... and I'll... go right..." Ross orders. "Hide in the... the bushes... once your far ahead... of the cops..." Sorry for him, but not very effective.

"N-No!" I whine. I'd rather not be left alone, even if I was far from the cops.