Chapter Fourteen

(Created by EllasticKitten13 It's good, but it hurt my s o u l. Especially the markings on his stomach. Those look like they hurt ;-; Also I made a book for extras. Y'all should check it out if you're ready for memes and heartbreak. BTW, I'm sorry about the length of this chapter.)

Death Won't Do Us Apart

There's one last place we need to visit before we can truly go on with our lives. The cemetery.

After the funeral service, Ross' corpse was taken to a nearby cemetery. There, he would be at peace. Alone underneath the ground, but at peace. At least he's got other angels taking care of him.

Ross' friends and family will say their final goodbyes tomorrow night. His tombstone will be lit with candles and decorated with the gifts of everyone who loved him. A great way to go.

Tim drove the both of us home a little earlier than everyone else. He'd said he couldn't handle his emotions, but I think it was more for my sake. I probably would've chickened out either way.

My bed sheets are still messy after five days, but I can't be bothered to do anything about it at the moment; I'm much too tired. I take off the suit and look for more comfortable clothes. Then again, I haven't bothered to wash.. A dirty black shirt and sweatpants are good enough. I flop onto the bed, and close my eyes. I'm exhausted.

I'm afraid I'll get the nightmare again, but insomnia is no better.

...

...

...

...So, you've finally arrived.

I immediately open my eyes. I'm standing on what seems to be clouds, barefoot. He ground is soft and fluffy beneath my feet. The sky is a pinkish orange color, the color of a sunset.

...About time, too.

Why is he here?

You haven't heard my voice as much as I'd like you to have heard it. I'm sorry you've had to endure Slate's torment for so long.

Slate. It should've been obvious from the start.

It should've been, huh? I'm surprised you didn't guess me the day he died.

"...Why am I here?" I ask hesitantly. I don't see any physical beings. I can only assume they're the voices in my head.