Chapter Twenty

What Truly is Reality

(A/N The wait was too long and I kind of half-assed it iM SORRY- This chapter was heavily inspired by 13 Reasons Why, o o p s. But don't worry, there's nothing really triggering! Also, I'm changing the verb tense nREE)

Another few months have passed. Another two months of procrastination. Procrastination in finishing what I'd started that night, watching the meteor shower with Ross. I still wasn't ready. I'm still not ready.

As the days go by, Christmas becomes more relevant, probably because it's only a few more days until Christmas Eve. The turkey must be depressed now that Santa's here to steal the show. Of course, for us, it meant Halloween. It's too bad all the ghouls and vampires have already been taken down. Speaking of which;

"Man, I swear I had an ugly sweater, but now I can't fine it!" Tim whined. Currently, we're all setting up for Christmas. Since there's never enough decorations, Ross and I had decided to shop for more today. We needed more if we wanna go full out, more than last year anyways.

"Just buy a new one, man." Ross replied. "It's not that hard to find an ugly sweater. Come on, they're everywhere at Target!" Tim grimaced.

"Yeah, sure, but my grandma made it for me, which would've been even better!" He pouted.

"Well, if you want, we can get a sweater for you while we're out." I said. Tim pouted again, then nodded reluctantly. I grined, giving him a thumbs up.

"Well, Mr. Smiley, you and Furry should better get going. Maybe go buy mistletoe while you're at it." Tim leaves me flushed and Ross snorting. "Yes, Tim, I've secretly been a furry all this time."

We quickly grabbed another set of clothes, since it would be disappointing to see two full grown men at a store with Pokémon pajamas, and it would be unwise to go outside without something warm anyways. We both grabbed scarves as well. As soon as we did, Tim waved us farewell, and we were off to a Target.

"So.. What do you wanna get from the store?" Ross asked. I shrugged my shoulders in reply. "Well, since Adam's holding a party at the office again and he'd invited us, it would be rude not to help out with setting up. We need plenty of decorations. Maybe an elf or two to make fun of Tim's height" Ross chuckled at that.

"That'd be fun.. What about mistletoe? You know, to make everyone's ships come true?" I blushed a bit at that, then quickly shook my head. "I mean, I-I guess.. It's just, well-"

"You're scared of going under it with me, aren't you? I understand, I understand. After all, you know I'd never let you kiss me if we did found ourselves in that situation." It was as if he was looking through me and at my soul, a hard glare plastered onto his face.

I blinked, taken aback. "W-What..?"

"You're scared of going under it with someone, aren't you? I am too, but let's just.. Be cautious, you know?" Ross reasoned. I stared at him. He stared back, waiting for an answer, very unlike his first expression. I rubbed my eyes, then nodded. "Okay, alright, I guess.. Welp.. Let's get shopping, then."

***

"Okay, Frosty the Snowman cutouts, or elf dolls?"

"Uh.. Frosty cutouts. I don't need Mr. Elf-on-the-Shelf staring at me at every corner I turn."

"Good point."

The sign above us showed reindeer, presents and a sleigh. On the sides of the isles werensmall posters of cartoon characters dressed for the holiday. A Micky Mouse-Santa here, and Jack the Pirate-Rudolph there, even an Alvin Snowman. Sadly, no Will Ferrell Elf could be found.

"So, like, do you think Will Ferrell watches Elf on Christmas Eve?" I asked out of the blue.

"Um.. No, I don't think so." Ross replied.