Man I hate school

Please check out Dark times on my profile and my other books.
Thank you

Makenzie pov

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I groaned, rolled over and put my pillow over my head. I sighed.

"Can't run away from high school" I mumbled into my pillow

"Come fat ass,hurry up. We're going to be late for school!!!!!" Derek yelled from our living room.

I heard little laughs from Jackson and Jace. I hated when my brother would embarrass me in front of his friends. I turn to look at myself in the mirror one more time. I never understood why people thought I was so ugly, I thought I was pretty. I had long black hair, and my mother's (god rest her soul) beautiful eyes. I thought I looked good, I thought I-

"Mackenzie Jacqueline Vega!" I hurried down the stairs before my brother got anymore madder than he already was.

"Great, now we're going to be late because you wasted time trying to look nice, when in the end, it doesn't really matter", by then, Jackson and Jace were laughing so hard their faces were red. I looked down in shame; I kept it that way and made my way to my brother's car.

When we got to school, I got out the car as fast as I can. I wanted this day to end, and end fast. The hallways were filled with kids, but I manage to get to my locker avoiding being noticed by anyone, as if they would even care.

Pain shoots through my body as I come into contact with the lockers. I look up to see Summer glaring down at me. She smiles.

"Oops, watch where you're going fat ass. It's bad enough you take up all this space." She laughs and walks away. My shoulder is killing me!

In all my classes, I sat trying to be unnoticed. Today wasn't as bad as it normally is. All I have to do is make it through lunch and my afternoon classes then go home to my weekend alone knowing that Derrek was probably at some party.

I never ate in the lunch room; I always ate in the school's beautiful garden. It was way more peaceful and had a lot less people.

It was the end of school, I pushed through many people to get to Derrek's car before he left me again (it wouldn't be the first time). As I made my way past people, summer pushed me again and I stumbled into Jace.

I suddenly felt electric surges through my body, I felt as if we were the only two people in the world. I can tell by the look on his face that he felt the same way but he snapped out of it and pushed me away. "Move Mackenzie".

Summer came up to him, snaking her arm around his waist, and then I remembered that she was going out with Jace. My wolf growled."How dare she put her arms around our mate" I ignored it.

"Awe, babe. It looks like the little girl has a crush on you! Isn't that cute?"

I started breathing heavily and out of control, when Derrek looked at me with a curious look on his face "what's happened to you?"

"Nothing, let's just go home"

Jace was my mate. That arrogant prick was my mate. Of course, 7 billion people on these planets and the spirits decide to leave me with him.

~Jace's POV~

I had been talking to Jackson when it happened. I saw Mackenzie stumble into me but I manage to catch her just in time and that's when it happened. There was an instant electric shock, I suddenly felt like I dint want this to end, like I didn't want to let her go. My wolf made me aware of what was happening, why it was happening "MATE"

Why me? Why must I have been paired up with Derrek's little sister. I know once he found out he would be pissed; Summer would go on a rampage. I was going to be Alpha in a year which meant I had to be with the hottest girl in the pack. It was what was expected of me. My train of thought was interrupted when I felt Summer's arm wrap around me.

"Awe, babe. It looks like the little girl has a crush on you! Isn't that cute?"

I fake chuckled and put on a smile. I walked away, by the time I got to Derrek's car, he was waiting and so was Mackenzie. She looked so mad. I got in the car and didn't say anything.

When I got home, I crashed onto my bed and started to think. I closed my eyes and sighed "What am I going to do"

I couldn't tell people that Mackenzie was my mate...Could I?

thx all who are reading hoped you enjoyed don't forget to comment and vote tell what you think so far and on the side is a picture of Derrek

-Annabelle