Chapter 3 : Dinner With The Grey Family

|Edited|

Daria's POV

I woke up as the alarm rang in my ears and my mother's voice yelled from downstairs. I loudly groaned then got up and took a shower. I got dressed for school with a navy blue long sleeved crop top and some grey leggings then added my usual make up.

I walked downstairs and quickly grabbed my keys heading to my car and avoiding any morning conversations with mom. I already woke up with a migraine.

As I parked my car I walked through the school doors to realize am kind of early. So I walked to my locker and grabbed my books. As I was closing the locker a face came into view. A girl.

I raised my eyebrow at her wondering why she was blocking my way.

"Hey! You are the new girl, I'm Layla." Layla said.

Well.. she seems nice.

"Hey, I'm Daria which I guess you already know." I said smiling at her.

"Well I was wondering if you would like to join me and my friends at lunch?" She asked hopefully.

"Well I don't see a problem in that so, yeah sure." I casually responded.

She squealed in happiness and said her goodbyes till lunch.

I sighed and began walking to my next class. As I burst through the doors I could see all eyes on me but ones caught my eye.

Hayes. I mentally scoffed and rolled my eyes.

Anyway my classes went by quickly, as I prepared myself for break time. I walked in the lunch room and spotted Layla as she waved at me.

I sat at the table and saw two girls.

"Girls meet Daria. Daria meet Darcy and Katerina." She introduced.

I looked at the girls, and Katerina had a dirty blonde hair while Darcy had a grey to silver hair.

I smiled and waved at them awkwardly.

"New girl right?" Darcy asked.

"Yup."

"Cool. Welcome to the group." Katerina said to me smiling genuinely.

And just like that the doors slammed opened and in walks Hayes and 5 guys after him.
He caught my gaze smirking and winked urging me to roll my eyes, yet , I wanted to look away but I couldn't. He was wearing a tight white T-shirt that showed his muscles and a leather jacket and black jeans. Yes, girls notice these things.

Honestly, all the winking and staring, it's all too typical, I can almost tell where this is going.

As soon as I turned to face the girls their eyes were wide. I eyed them confusingly.

"Did-...Did he just wink at you?!" Layla whisper yelled dramatically.

"Umm-" I tired to say but was cut off by Katerina.

"OMG!! Do u have any idea who he is?!" She said excitedly.

"No?" I said but it came out more like a question. This time it was Darcy's turn to explain.

"Well, it's obvious, he's the schools bad boy, technically more of a bad man than a bad boy." Darcy explained. "Why? He's a leader of a very feared gang. It's called the blood gang if you have heard of it."

"School's bad boy, that much is I can tell. Leather and all." I muttered nonchalantly. "But gang? Isn't that too much for a highschool teenager?" I asked.

I'm such a hypocrite.

Layla shrugged. "Every person has gone through certain circumstances that make him the person he is. I don't know about Hayes much, but I'm sure it wasn't easy for him."