Chapter 15 : Trip

Listen to In The Name Of Love by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha

Daria's POV

I was walking the crowded streets with a smile plastered on my face enjoying the hot blazing sun on my skin and scanning the shops for new shoes and shirts.
I had already 4 bags in my hands.
I entered a store and scanned the shoes.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around and was met with Mrs. Grey.
She beamed and I smiled hugging her.
"Daria?! Sweetie! We were so worried about you." She said concerned.
Worried? Oh right my mother..
I pulled back and weakly smiled at her.
"Why didn't you come to our house? You know you are always welcomed...I am so sorry for what happened to your mother.. Am so sorry for your loss darling." She said sweetly.
I nodded.
"It's okay Ms. Grey. Thank you."

"Umm.. You know we are going to a trip in the mountains. We have friends there and there are going to be dinners and parties am sure it will be so fun.I really think you should come. You can bring some of your friends as well. The more the better." She said with pleading eyes.
It will be a good idea to change the atmosphere and clear my mind.
But what if he will be there?

Don't care.

"Sure." I said happily.

"Okay well I'll give you my number and  I can tell you all about the time and date or if am busy I'll just let my son tell u about it okay sweetie?" She said smiling genuinely.

I nodded and hugged her.
She beamed and hugged me one more time then waved bye to me. I sighed and grabbed the shoes I was staring at.

"Good enough

"Good enough." I muttered to myself and payed for them.
The girls were busy. Kate had some important family meeting.
Layla was out on a date.
And Darcy was off looking for a job.
But we agreed to meet at the diner that is close to my house at 2:00.
It was now 11:28 and I was heading for ice cream then home.
I walked into the diner and took a seat . It was pretty cozy.

The girls walked in and I wasted no time on telling them about the trip

The girls walked in and I wasted no time on telling them about the trip. I could see the excitement in their eyes and they were happy knowing Hayes is going coz if he is going his friends are definitely going as well and my three whores crave for hot guys.
But unlike them I was so annoyed and uncomfortable with Hayes going but I really had no word in it. We were so excited that we decided to call Ms. Grey.
She told us that the trip will be in two days and we should start packing. I was happy I got so so many new cloth and shoes I have so many new stuff to wear. I even bought new soap and shampoo without even knowing about the trip. Huh. Lucky me.
She also said we will stay there for two weeks and she will talk to our principle tomorrow.
I was weirdly nervous and scared if Hayes like after all the threats am afraid what he would do or think of he knew I was going. I perfectly got the message that he doesn't want me near him or his gang. I wonder if his parents knew that he was involved in such a dangerous world.
He even called me a slut.
And I could tell he wasn't aiming for the meaning of the word coz he knew that I don't sleep around but he was aiming to clear his message that he can destroy me.
But I don't get it.. How am I a distraction to his gang?
I am overthinking..
And as if sensing how nervous I am layla sighed .
"D, chill. We are not going for him. You are not going for him. We are going to have fun and enjoy life. Just give him ur middle finger and walk away. You are not supposed to care what he thinks or what he'll do. Plus it's his mother that invited u. He has no right to argue on that. So fuck him." She said cockily and patted my shoulder.
She's right I don't give a fuck about him. I never do. So yeah am just gonna enjoy my time and ignore him. I'll act like nothing ever happened between us for the sake of his mother.
The next day went smooth no encounter with Hayes or any of his gang though Ms. Grey called and said she talked to the principal and everything went well.
She said she would pick us up tomorrow morning at 9:00 am and we would head off to the mountains. She said the house their was like a castle it was pretty cozy and so nice. She said we all get our own rooms and even better all beside each other. We were all on speaker talking to here. It was like she was one if us and talking all like a teenager.
I even remember her saying "Grab some extra bikinis gotta look hot in front of the boys." And we all burst out laughing it's like she reads minds.
So typical.