Chapter 6 : Shocked

|Edited|

Daria's POV

I paused, silent tears.

Right there was my mom lying on the ground with my father on top yelling cuss words and hitting her repeatedly with the wine bottle.

I clenched my fists and walked over to him. I grabbed a fistful of his hair and threw him at the glass table that broke on him.

I was crying right now yet I was mad as fuck.

He slowly stood up stumbling back and looked at me startled.

His forehead was bleeding and his hands were all cut from the glass. Amazing.

He threw the bottle at me but I ducked it.
I walked over to him and pinned him on the wall, pressing my elbow harshly on his throat.

"No matter how many empty wine bottles you throw at me. No matter how many times you call me a fatass, or a loser, or a pussy - I am still the same person. No matter how many times you scream at me and tell me I'm useless, I am still a human with feelings." I spat in his face.

"But if you think that through all the shit you put me through you can continue to bully me without any explicit reasons - you could not be more fucking wrong. You're never pleased with me so I don't know why I should feel even hurt from this whole ordeal." I spoke again harshly.

I looked at my mother's body.

"And if you fucking think you can lay a hand once again on my mother I will hunt your soul until I die and I won't criticize you about it..I will kill you."

And with that said I punched him and heard a crack. Yup totally broke his jaw.

He groaned in pain and held on his jaw. And after couole of seconds he was unconcious.

"Pussy." I spat at him then walked over to my mother.

I was going to help her up but she stopped me.

"There is no need. Its too late. I lost too much blood. My face is scarred, I can barley talk-k."

"No. Don't say that." I yelled and held her up.

I laid her on the couch and took out my phone but my mom took it away.

"Do you want to waste your last minutes with me by calling the emergencies?" She spoke softly struggling to maintain a steady tone.

I kneeled and held onto her now bloody cold hands.

I began letting small sobs.
I suddenly chuckled and looked at her.

"Mom, I did break that lamp when I was 11 years old. You probably already knew that so thank you for loving me anyway."

She hardly laughed through the pain.

"Yes, I did know that, you little clumsy."

I weakly smiled at her and she mimicked.

I continued."Mom." I laughed sarcastically.

"It's funny how I can call you mom and mean it when you're not." I paused. "You are better than that. You are my closest friend. It might sound cheesy but no matter how old I become, I will never shy away from saying I love you mom. It's funny how God put us together. Maybe my real mom was never gonna handle me like you do."

She sighed painfully, with a kind look in her eyes.

"I call it destiny though I don't believe in miracles. So mom I should thank you, you were by my side through my ups and downs and I am glad I wasn't alone in this shit but you helped me and you are always the one I'll turn to no matter if you'll be gone or not. Because you will always be my one and only inspiration. Though I dont say it often but i love u and always will."