00:01

Chapter One |
Y o u r p o v

My eyes look over to the clock that's loudly ticking. My eyes scan over every inch of the small depressing room. I've always seen rooms like this when I would watch those CSI shows, but I never thought I'd be sitting in one of them. I never thought I'd be questioned just like those sketchy criminals. I start to feel nervous as everything finally sinks in. My heart starts beating rapidly.

What am I supposed to say when the cop comes in here?

I notice that the room has nothing in it but a large table & two chairs. A chair for me & a chair for my interrogator.

Isn't it illegal to lie to a cop? It's also illegal to kill someone too. I think you've already crossed that line.

I feel as though the pounding of my heart could be heard inside the room. My leg is shaking anxiously as minutes passes by. The fact that Jason turned himself in, has me questioning everything. There's no logical reason for why he would do something so reckless & impulsive.

He would never do something like this. What changed?

Did he even think about me? Did he even wonder what would happen to me? Tears are swelling up in my eyes. I close my eyes, trying to hold them in. I know that if I begin to cry, I won't be able to stop.

The door opens loudly, causing my body to slightly jump. My heart then starts to beat even more faster. A tall figure walks up to the table, slamming a black folder on the table in front of me. He position his chair directly in front of me. I use this opportunity to examine the older man's face. He has black hair that's gelled back, he's wearing a bottomed shirt that's unbuttoned slightly. I notice a gun that's placed on the side of him.

I notice him placing a black device at the center of the table. I know it's a recorder. I've seen this too many times.

He looks up at me, sending me a small smile.

"Hello Y/n. I'm Sheriff Reynolds." He says, while eyeing me closely. I look at him emotionlessly. He then proceeds to look through his folder. He places his glasses over his eyes before he starts flipping through a couple papers. I wonder what information they have on me? I study as he eventually places his glasses on the table before finally speaking.

"How are you feeling?" He asks. Out of all the cops I've been around, he's the first to ask me that question & seem to actually care about my response.

"Hurt." I breath. His eyes furrow deeply. I guess he was hoping for a different word to describe how I'm feeling.

I swallow down, looking down at my hands that are placed in my lap.

"I know you've been through a lot tonight. I just want to ask you a few questions before letting you leave." He says. He flips though a couple more papers, studying them closely.

"Are you aware that you were kidnapped by Jason McCann?" The detective asks.

What? Did he confess to everything?

I sat their watching him closely. There's no way I'm going to say anything. I'm not giving in to anything this cop is trying to lower me in. I just sat there silently. I don't have to answer any of his questions right? I hope Jason isn't.