00:20

Characters:
Tyler Posey plays Matt Grey
Max Irons plays Grayson Harp
Dylan Obrien plays Josh Vincent

Lotus (Zayn's girlfriend)
Cara (Matt's Girlfriend)
Eleanor (Grayson's girlfriend)

chapter twenty|
Y o u r p o v

I'm finally alone with my thoughts. After everything leading up to this moment,
I'm not sure if that's actually a good thing. I can actually reflect on everything that I've been through in the last couple of hours. I almost died a few times tonight, no big deal right? It's just death. I also lost track of the number of people I killed. It's just murder.

If I get caught, I wonder how many charges would be put against me? I shouldn't overthink, Jason probably has an infinitely long list.

Speaking of Jason, he fell asleep.

He fell asleep forty-five minutes ago.

Everyone fell asleep except for me. Everyone's used to this lifestyle except for me. How does one escape death multiple times then doze off? I feel restless. I'm mentally and physically exhausted but I can't seem to rest. I've been dreaming about being on this plane ever since I entered The Arc. It is our holy grail, it symbolizes our freedom and peace. However, now that I'm here; I feel tense. I'm thankful but tense. Everything seems to be employing my conscious. Apart of me never would've imagined that I could pull off breaking someone out of prison without getting caught. Not just any someone and not just any prison. I should be proud of myself.

No one died, we almost did. But we're safe.

We made it.

It's finally over.

I deserve a cookie for my services.

My eyes shift from the window to Jason, perceiving that he has reached another disagreeable moment in his dream. He's experiencing a nightmare. My eyes scan over his damp body, studying the beads of sweat dripping down his face. His entire body is sweating profusely, I've never seen him react this severely to a dream before. It's understandable though, he's been through a lot over the past few months.

I grab the towel beside me, gently patting the sweat from off of his face. No matter how much I touch him, he never wakes up. His hair, which has gotten long, clung to his forehead. His head starts to toss and turn, while he softly murmurs inaudible words. I want to wake him up. I tried, but he isn't budging. I even contemplated splashing cold water on him.

"Jason?" I softly say, resting my hand on his arm. His eyes are twitching, does that mean he's partially awake? I pat around his neck, trying to get his body to cool down. I wish I had a cellular device so I could look up appropriate
ways to wake someone up from a nightmare.

Apart of me has no desire to disturb him from his sleep. Although I know that he's dreaming of unpleasant things, he looks peaceful.

I study his face, becoming familiar with it again. Jason will never understand how effortlessly prepossessing he is. His eyes, his nose, his lips, his cheeks—simply studying his features is enough to make the butterflies in my stomach flutter erratically. After everything we've been through, he still makes me feel this way. He still makes me feel like I'm crushing tremendously. I remember when I first encountered these feelings. I was in denial and I wanted them to evaporate —vanish. I 'm pleased that they didn't. Can you imagine a life without being in love with Jason McCann?