00:08

A/N: Let's pretend it didn't take me over a month AGAIN to update. I hope you guys know that I try to update reasonably but school literally consumes my life. Hope you enjoy !

Chapter Eight |
Y o u r  p o v

O u r M o r n i n g s

A small gust of wind from outside snuck into the room due to the slightly cracked window. The sheer curtains blew softly as it passed through them. My fingers were laced with his as our legs were intertwined. The sun was partially seeping through & the sounds of faint bird chirping could be heard in the depths of the morning. I turn my body around, completely facing him. My eyes scanned over his chiseled face while I studied his features. My fingers gently traced the outlines of his jaw to the tip of his nose. His eyes started to move, signaling that he was waking up.

I rested my chin on his chest, running my fingers through his hair comfortingly. I long for moments like this. "Please don't stop." He moans softly.  I purposely stop, pretending that I was leaving the bed. He lets out a frustrated groan, wrapping his arms back around my waist. He pulls me back on the bed, resting his face between my neck and shoulder. I smile faintly as he placed my hands back on his head.

He always loved when we were touching. He described the feeling as "warm and familiar". If we were laying next to each other, he always wanted to have that reassurance that I'd never leave him. Which I thought was sweet but sad at the same time. The fact that he thought I'd ever leave him is ironic because look where I am at right now:

Searching for him, the one that decided to leave me instead.

"We have to get up." I say, while watching him pretend to be asleep. He lays there quietly, hoping that I'd give up.

I blow on his face, hoping for some sort of reaction or frustration. Instead he just lays there with his hands still very much wrapped around my bare waist. I playfully lick his cheek. No response. I try pinching his cheek. No response. I even try grouping his butt under the covers. Still no response.

I sigh deeply, staring up at the ceiling in contemplation. I decided to finally straddle him. That definitely got his attention. A smug grin forms on his lips but his eyes were still closed. His hands try to travel up my waist but I grab a hold of them,  placing them above his head. He always did this to me, it was only fair that I did it back to him. His eyes suddenly peel open, he raises his brow at me, surprised by my gesture.

"What are you doing?" He asks, his morning voice sent chills down my body.

"Trying to get you to wake up."

"I'm up."

His eyes scan over my face, taking in every inch of it. I bite on my lip seductively, noticing a smile creep on his face. "You're such a freak." He jokes, causing me to laugh.

"You know you like it."

"I do. Very much." He breathes out.

Mesmerized by my lips, he leans up to kiss me but I move back.

"You can't do that." He says.

"Why not?"

"I want to kiss you. Like now."

"What if I don't want to kiss you?" I challenge. His eyes furrowed deeply.