00:13

Characters:
Tyler Posey plays Matt Grey
Max Irons plays Grayson Harp
Dylan Obrien plays Josh Vincent

Lotus (Zayn's girlfriend)
Cara (Matt's Girlfriend)
Eleanor (Grayson's girlfriend)

When writing, I thought of songs that reminded me of the chapter & I came up with:
• Dusk Till Dawn → Zayn ft. Sia
• Bad Together → Dua Lipa
• Him & I → G-Eazy & Halsey

Chapter thirteen|
J a s o n  p o v

That's when my heart dropped.

My lips start to move before I can actually think. I start to feel uncomfortably hot & my hands suddenly start to shake, "No." I mutter under my breath, my voice stops the guards midway from leaving my cell. I sat there, surprised by my sudden outburst. What the fuck is wrong with me? The two guards turn around skeptically. My mind starts to quickly brainstorm what to say next. How can I play this off? Guard #1 looks down at me with a proud smirk on his face. He knows that he's fucking getting to me. I don't care though, hearing him say her name is enough to get me go crazy. He didn't deserve the right to speak her name—speak of her in general. Neither do I. Guard #2 stares at me wearingly. They both stood in front of the door, waiting for me to say something—anything. I should've just kept my fucking mouth shut.

Too late now.

"Why would you bring her here?" I ask, fiddling with my fingers. I swallow down hard, anxiously waiting for a response.

"You're not being cooperative. It all falls on you." Guard #1 says while watching me closely. My life was in her hands for the billionth time & I fucking screwed up. Sounds all too familiar. The whole reason I'm here is to keep her as far away from me & this place as possible. This isn't her life—it's mine. I should deal with the consequences of my actions, not her.

"What do you want me to do?" I ask slowly. My eyes are fixed in the empty space in front of me. I couldn't look at them while speaking these words. I let them fucking get to me. It was only matter of time,

This is my breaking point.

She is my breaking point.

"Everything."

"Promise me you won't contact her." I ask, finally looking up at them.

"We don't make promises. We make deals. If you follow your end, we'll follow ours."

What?

"Deal."

Y o u r p o v

The time goes by slow, during the moments you want it to move the fastest. It feels like we've been standing in this elevator for a long time. Apart of me wants to get this whole operation over with, while another part of me wants to cherish my last moments being somewhat untainted. If we leave this place alive, I won't be the same person I was when I entered. I know this experience is going to affect me just like the whole Leighton situation. For a couple of months, it ate away at my conscious. Then eventually I got over it & moved on. Never felt regret though. I'll never regret defending myself. I most definitely will not regret attempting to rescue Jason from this vile place either.