00:18

TRIGGER WARNING//:
I just want to warn my readers that there's references to guns & gun-firing through out this chapter. I try not to be graphic, but the theme and plot of my story makes it hard sometimes.

Characters:
Tyler Posey plays Matt Grey
Max Irons plays Grayson Harp
Dylan Obrien plays Josh Vincent

Lotus (Zayn's girlfriend)
Cara (Matt's Girlfriend)
Eleanor (Grayson's girlfriend)

Chapter eighteen|
Y o u r p o v

Three SWAT trucks.

Not one but THREE.

In this moment, my feeling of hopelessness makes another guest appearance.

How can one outrun or stop three trucks, equipped with god knows how many highly trained officer's, who are willing to kill to stop this car?

The answer is: you can't.

They know he's in this car.

Why chase "innocent" people?

"You fucking jinxed it." Zayn curses. I narrow my eyes at him through the rear view mirror. He's joking right? Apart of me starts to wonder if we would've been in this situation if I hadn't said anything.

"Who thought it was a good idea to use the direct route from the Arc?" I ask, sarcastically.

"We weren't going to stay on this route forever, and it helps us avoid other cars." Zayn argues.

"We would've been undetectable with other cars. We stick out like a sore thumb, that's why we're being chased." I sigh, messaging the bridge of my nose dramatically. I study the trucks speeding behind us. I wish they'd just disappear. Why are we always unlucky?

"We would've been at least fifteen minutes behind."  He says, glancing at the time.

"How behind do you think we are going to be if we don't even make it to the jet?"

"That's enough." Lo sighs.

Zayn subtly glares at me from the driver's seat. I forgot that Zayn has a temper. The simplest things get him vexed. The difference between Zayn and Jason is Jason is more vocal when he's angry, but Zayn stays quiet and glares you to death. What the hell. Why am I comparing them? I can honestly say we've never gotten this frustrated with one another since the day I first met him. It feels unnatural bickering with him. It's not something that makes me feel good afterwards. I rather save this sort of energy for Grayson.

"Here, put this on." Lo says, pushing what looks like to be a black ski mask in my hand. In this moment, I know shit has just gotten real. Without hesitation I place it over my face, making sure the holes on the mask aligned with my eyes, nose, and mouth. I officially feel like a criminal, getting ready to wreck shit.

I glance over at Jason, noticing his eyes fixated on me.

I wonder what he's thinking? The fact that he doesn't look away realizing that I caught him watching me starts to make me feel nervous.
We both study each other. I study his eyes, watching as realization kicked in for him. He can't save me anymore. This isn't a situation where he can protect me. He's the one they want. He's the one that needs the protection. I didn't waste months planning this break in, training, losing part of my sanity, and risking my life, just to screw up right before reaching the light at the end of the tunnel.