Setting: The Arc

Disclaimer: This is not a chapter, sorry 😬.

However, I just want to clarify the current setting of the book: The Arc.

A couple of readers were confused on what happens there specifically & the kinds of people being held there.

The Arc has different departments. Department one specializes in the making and distributing of a high percentage of weapons in the United States. They are distributed across the world and used unethically in different countries.  They sell weapons to the wrong people in hopes for profit (their sole purpose), not considering the consequences and results across the globe.

Department two specializes in finding chemicals & formulas to cure millions of conditions and diseases around the world. In order to test them, HOWEVER, they use humans from prisons (wrongfully convicted to someone facing life in prison), homeless people, some have even been kidnapped, they even use certain kinds of animals.

Department three is for the fugitives. It consists of cells (rooms) which house individuals that have been accused of conspiring against the destruction of the government or notorious gang members & drug lords (cartels). Jason was transferred to the Arc by the NYPD because they (Officials in The Arc) felt as though they can obtain information from him in order to track down and dismantle other infamous gangs & cartels. Jason has the information they need.

The Arc is considered a second level of the Police Department—the underground level, the level no one really knows about unless you hold a specific rank in society (criminal, president, certain government officials, fugitive, someone who works there).

What happens at The Arc is illegal. But individuals who work there are skilled in their departments & they are paid a significant amount of money. They are coached on what to do & what not to do. The facility is heavily guarded if you look like you don't fit in—you're considered a spy and you'd never see outside the walls of that place for the rest of your life. The first floor is a decoy for anyone that stumbles in unknowingly. Some people get the luck of being redirected somewhere else. But once you past the first floor your luck is gone. They pretend to be what they're not.

The Arc is an isolated building where illegal things happen in the dark.

You've been warned.

A/N: 00:13 is coming!  👀 Ask questions if you're confused. I'm the writer, if you don't understand what's going on—PLEASE ask. I'm here to answer.

Thank You. 😊