He has a girlfriend (part 2)

Wes's POV:

I started a text to Ashley, asking if she could meet up with me as soon as possible. She quickly responded, saying she could meet up at a local Starbucks. I told her I'd be there soon, and she said she was on her way. I didn't want to do this, but a part of me feels like I belong with (Y/N). I feel like I rushed into a relationship with Ashley, and it just doesn't feel right. I hopped in my car and drove to the Starbucks about 10 minutes away from me, parked, and walked inside. I took a deep breath and saw her sitting in at a table by herself, with one drink in her hands and another drink in the empty spot across from her; I'm assuming she ordered a coffee for me. I smiled at her and sat down across from her.

"Hey Wes. I missed you when I was gone!" she cheered happily

"I missed you too. But there's actually something I wanna talk to you about." The smile on her face dropped.

"W-what is it? Am I too clingy? Do you think I'm annoying?" I shook my head.

"No no, not at all. I just feel like we rushed into our relationship. We only knew each other for about 3 weeks before we started dating. I feel like there's so much I don't know about you, that I should have known before we started dating. I really hope you understand." She looked down sadly.

"Is that all?" I sighed and shook my head.

"There's someone else. But that's not the main reason why I'm breaking up. She's been my best friend since forever, and I feel like I belong with her; it just feels like that's right. I'm so sorry, Ash," I looked at her, sympathetically, and she finally looked at me.

"I understand. It's fine, I kinda feel the same way, too; you know, we rushed into our relationship. And the same goes for you; I feel like there's so many things that I don't know about you, that I should have known beforehand. I really do like you, Wes, but go be with her. Go be with the girl you belong with. Be happy." She smiled at me and got up, I also stood up, and hugged her.

"Thank you for understanding. Bye, Ashley."

"Bye, Wes."

And with that, she walked out of the shop and I sat back down, looking at the coffee in my hands. I pulled my phone out and texted (Y/N). I asked if she could meet up at the park near the Starbucks, and surprisingly she agreed. I waited about 15 minutes, just looking through my phone, when she finally walked through the doors. I looked up and smiled at her. She softly smiled back and walked over to the empty seat in front of me.

"Um, hey. How are you?" I asked quietly.

"I'm fine. You?"

"Good. Um, I broke up with Ashley." She just nodded.

"Look (Y/N), I'm so sorry for what I did and said yesterday. I had no right to act like that. I shouldn't have blamed the whole situation on you, when it really was my fault. I should have paid attention to you, texting Ashley could have waited. I'm sorry, and I hope you forgive me." I looked into her eyes as she looked back at me.

"Of course I forgive you, Wes. I can't stay mad at you. Yeah, I was upset, but I said some stuff, too. We're good," she smiled, grabbing my hand that was resting on the table. My heart started to flutter and butterflies grew in my stomach.

I really wish I had the guts to tell her how I feel.

She's just gonna think she's a rebound from Ashley. Which she's not.

But I wanna get this off of my shoulders already.

"Do you, um, wanna go hang out at my house?" I asked her, and she nodded. We got up and walked to my car, and I started to make my way to my house. When I parked, we got out and walked inside, walking straight to my room. She laid on my bed as I changed into something more comfortable.

"Do you want some other clothes to change into?" I questioned. She nodded and I threw her a black shirt with a pair of boxers. I turned around so she could change, then when she whispered that she was done I laid on the bed with her.

"So, what do you wanna do? We can watch a movie, watch a TV show, go eat something," I started naming things we could do, but she stopped me.

"I wanna talk." My heart started to race. What did she mean?

"Ok. Um, talk about what?"

"You said you broke up with Ashley today. Why?"

"I just felt like we rushed into our relationship. We had only known each other for about 3 weeks before we started dating. There was so much I didn't know about her, so much she didn't know about me. And they were things that should have been known before our relationship." I wanted to say so much more, but I can't tell her the other reason why I broke it off.

She was the reason.

"Oh. Well I think if you guys just spent one night, just laying in bed or on the couch, or somewhere, just talking, having a deep conversation, revealing secrets, opinions, stuff about each other, I think it would've helped that a lot. But that's just my opinion." I sighed.

"But I didn't want to have deep conversations while laying around with her. I wanted that with you." Her eyes widened.

Oh shit. What did I do?

"Oh, um, I-I didn't, um," I couldn't properly say a sentence. I had no idea what to do.

"Wes, what are you saying?" She cautiously asked. I sighed and looked away from her.

"I'm saying that I like you. Hell, I may even love you. That's the other reason I broke up with Ashley. I didn't want to be in a relationship with her. It's been you all along. After you left, I started thinking everything over. How I realized I only ever dated her to make you jealous, how I dated her to get you out of my mind. I just never realized it. I was so blind. Blind at the fact that what I want, and what I need has always been around me. And what I want, no, what I need, is you. I need you, (Y/N). I need to feel what it's like to fall asleep with you in my arms. What it feels like to kiss those beautiful, pink lips. What it feels like to have your bodies pressed together while making out, or even just cuddling. I want you, (Y/N). So, please, will you be my girlfriend?" I was now sat up, holding her hands in mine, as I looked at her face. She looked at me with a confused, yet thoughtful expression.

"Wes, I-"

"I understand if you don't want to be with me just because I got out of a relationship. Or because of the fact that I didn't even try to stop you from walking out of my house when you confessed your feelings for me."

"No, no, no. Of course I'll be your girlfriend. Yeah you didn't try to stop me, but you were confused on what happened. One second we were watching a movie, the next second I was getting up to leave and I was yelling at you. I understand you didn't know what to do. But yes, I will be your girlfriend." I tackled her on the bed and started kissing all over her face.

"I love you. I love you. I love you," I kept saying over and over. She was giggling nonstop, and it was honestly the cutest sound ever. We spent the rest of the night talking, like we talked about before, revealing some things we didn't know, even though we knew almost everything about each other. And we even shared a few kisses here and there.

I will be going on vacation for a week, so idk how active I'll be. You can still send in requests tho 😊