First sonogram - Baby Series

Your POV:

I was now about two months pregnant, starting to show even more, Wes taking advantage of that. A couple weeks after we decorated the baby's room, we decided to paint it green, just because both of us couldn't stand the very boring color it was. Today was my first sonogram, yes I know, two months with no sonogram when you're supposed to have one in the first month to make sure the baby is okay. But, Wes was asked to tour for about a month with PressPlay for an international tour, and he wanted to be here for my first appointment. I asked the doctor if it was okay to wit a month or two for a sonogram, and she was fine with it, after telling her my husband really wants to be there with me for it; she was very understanding and scheduled us an appointment a coup,e days after Wes gets home. Well, today was the day. I got up early to make breakfast for us, eggs, bacon, and pancakes. Once everything as done, fortunately Wes walked into the kitchen, dressed and ready to go.

"Are you ready for today?" I asked Wes as I set a plate full of breakfast in front of him, setting mine down as well.

"Yeah. I'm so excited to finally see my baby. And hopefully, since we waited, we can find out what the sex is!"

"Do you wanna know what it is right away?"

"Yes. I don't think I can wait nine months to find out. I want to buy my baby girl or baby boy clothes. Do you wanna wait?" I thought about it. Yeah, I did, but I also wanted to be surprised. An idea popped into my head.

"What if you're told what is it, and then one day you can surprise me, either by painting the room blue or pink, or buying clothes for a girl or boy, or just drop a subtle hint." He smiled widely.

"I like that idea. Now I can't wait!" When we finished our breakfast, we left a few minutes after, driving to the doctor' office. We signed in, being told we would be seen in a few minutes.

"What do you want it to be?" I asked quietly.

"I want a girl. I would love to just spoil her, buy her cute clothes and stuff. But, I would love to have a son, a little mini me."

"I kinda warns it to be a boy. I don't know why, but I do," I smiled at him.

"Well, you'll find it when I drop a subtle hint." He smirked. Just as I was about to reply, my name was called and we walked to the room with the doctor.

"So, how are you feeling?"

"Great. I have morning sickness now and then, but it's starting to go away." She nodded and told me to lay down and raise my shirt up above my stomach. When my stomach was shown, Wes decided to be cheeky and leaned down and pressed a long kiss to it. I giggled at how it tickled, and the doctor shook her heat as us.

"Is this your first child?" She questioned.

"Yeah. He's really excited, can't you tell?" She laughed quietly and squeezed some gel onto my stomach, flinching because it was cold. She then took the wand, or whatever, and circled it on my stomach. After a few minutes she spoke and turned the sound up, so we could hear the heartbeat. My eyes started to water, as well as Wes's, as we heard our baby's heartbeat.

"Your baby is looking very healthy. It is in the right position it should be in. Now, since you've waited a month more, would you like to know the sex of the baby? It's the right time to know."

"I would like to. She doesn't want to know yet, she wants to be surprised," Wes finally spoke up. She nodded and motioned him to come over to the computer. I closed my eyes and laid back, waiting for them to be done.

"Oh my gosh, really?! Wow, I can't believe it!" Okay now I wanted to know. He looked at me with a very happy and excited look on his face.

"Want me to tell you?" I sighed. The doctor left to go get the copies of the sonogram.