O N E

"Get your shit packed and be downstairs in ten minutes!" My sister yelled at me and walked out of my room, her heels clicking on the tile stairs.

"Shut the door when you leave my room!" I yell and stand up, slamming the door shut.

I grab my single suitcase and pack up the few things I needed, already knowing what's coming.

"Time to go Kate!" She yells from downstairs. I throw my charger and head phones in the suitcase then slip on my shoes and head down stairs. "Are you ready for your new home." She says attitude dripping from her voice.

"I've been waiting for this day for 18 years, Myra. I'm extremely ready to leave." I said, innocently and sweetly.

She leans in close go me ear. "Oh, Kate. You'll be begging to come back in a week." She opens the front door and shoves me out then slams the door shut.

"Bitch," I mutter to myself.

"10 seconds and you've already broken a rule. We're gonna have to teach you." A voice says behind me, making me jump.

I turn around slowly and see a tall man, everything the darkest color of black except his eyes and skin

I'm pretty sure we're even wearing the same leather jacket.

"Get in the car." He motions to the black Corbet behind him and he takes my suitcase. He puts it in the trunk and I get in the passenger seat of the car.

I knew this was happening. I knew that I was being sold. I've known since I was 16.

I always heard Myra talking on the phone about getting rid of my the day I turn 18. She would always brag to her friends that came over about how much she made from selling me to this man.

She technically hadn't sold me, of course she got a bit of money out of it, bu definitely not as much as she had hoped.

When I had been born my parents had signed of a paper saying if they died before I turned 18 Myra could fo whatever she wanted with me when I turned 18.

So she did. She handed me over to a complete stranger the day I turned 18.

He gets in the drivers seat and wastes no time getting out of the driveway of that house, I don't blame him.

"What's your name?" He asks me after a while of silence.

"Kate. Yours?" I ask blandly, showing no emotion at all.

"I'm sure you'll find out soon enough." I open mouth to say something but then close it again when I realize I have nothing to say.
~~

After 3 hours of driving he finally pulls up in front of a house.

I wouldn't exactly call it a mansion, but it was definitely a large house.

"Were here." He gets out of the car and gets my suitcase out of the trunk. "Let's go."

He leads me to the front door and opens it. He sets my suitcase down and takes of his shoes.

"This is your new.. home." He says glancing at me momentarily. "Get your bag and I'll show you your room then give you a tour of the house."

I nod my head and grab my suitcase. We walked to a staircase and climbed up to the top level, which is the 3rd.

He leads me to a room with a black door and opens it. "This is your room. It has everything you need, clothes, shoes, shower essentials, hair and makeup stuff and.. girly things.." He trails off. "You have your own bathroom and your chore board is right here." He points to the white board. "There will be 3 everyday that you'll need to do. Unpack then come down stairs and we'll eat."

I nod my head again and he walks out of the room and shuts the door.

I drag my suitcase over to the large bed and throw it on the bed. I open it up and start unpacking my small amount of stuff and putting it all away.

After everything is unpacked I slide the suitcase under the bed them plug my phone into the charger.

I then take off my own shoes and tie my hair in a bun. I go into my bathroom and look for ibuprofen and sleeping pills. Once I find them I take one of each since ot already 9 and I know I'll have a hard time sleeping

I take another sleepy pill just go help then I walk out of my room and downstairs.

"I hope you don't mind pizza. It was kinda my last resort. I had nothing else frozen and I can't cook." He says when I walk into the kitchen. A timer goes off and he opens the oven and takes out the pizza. "You don't talk much do you?"

"I talk a lot. I'm just adjusting. Once I'm comfortable here you're gonna want to duct tape my mouth cause of how much I talk. Now will you tell me your name?" I ask.

"Oh right. Call me Andy." He cuts the pizza into 8 slices and puts 2 on a plate and hands it to me. He then puts one on his plate.

"Your a lot nicer than I imagined honestly." I state not really caring if he gets mad. I've been beaten almost to the point of death. I'll be fine if he hits me a few times.

"I'm generally a nice guy. Just don't make me mad."

"You said I broke a rule when we were at the other house. What rule did I break?" I ask so I know.

"I don't want you swearing ever. Girls are supposed to have clean mouths."

"No. There is no way I'm giving up swearing. No way in hell." I say to test him.

"No swearing, cause I won't hesitate to punish you. Also, I don't mean hit you. I know that's what happened at your old home. I have something even worse to do you. Now, go to bed. We will tall about the other rules tomorrow after you chores."

I stand and put my plate in the sink.

I go up to my room and look through the dresser. I grab out a pair of spandex shorts and a tank top then go into the bathroom. I take off my makeup and my earings then change.

I jump on my bed snd bury myself under the covers, falling asleep shortly after.