Chapter 18: Flashbacks

3rd person Royals POV

*FLASHBACK*
Royal was a young child, he was at home with his mom. His step dad and brother were waiting for him out in the car to go to the store. "Bye mom!" Roy shouted out happily as he ran out the door to the car.
Later, they came back to drop Roy off at home. "Bye Janasan. Bye Ozpin!" He ran up into the house and began to cry because if the sight he saw. His mom was dead on the couch, an arrow in her chest. He ran over to her body "mom?! Mom!? MOM! Wake up!" He shouted, tears running down his face quickly.

*FLASHBACK END*

Roy awoke in his dorm room "d-damn....another nightmare..." He wiped a tear off his face and went to the elevator to Professor Ozpins office. He went up and entered his office. It was 12 AM so nobody was there. He went to his desk and laid down by it. He began to fall asleep, feeling a bit better because he knew he would be safe.

*FLASHBACK*
Roy was young and it had been a few years since his dad died. His mom was getting married to someone he didn't know. He had a son named Janasan who Roy didn't think he would like. Roy whispered to his mom "are you really getting married to this guy? He's old...i don't wanna call him 'step daddy Ozpin'..." His mom spoke gently "then just call him Ozpin..." She ran her hand through Roy's hair playing with his ears gently, wiggling her own. She smiled "Go talk to him...I believe he wanted to train you to be a better fighter..." Roy sighed and walked away.
*FLASHBACK END*

Roy woke up in the morning to a familiar voice "Roy...?" He opened his eyes and looked at the source. It was Ozpin "good morning, step daddy Ozpin..." Roy yawned. Ozpin chuckled "you haven't called me that in forever..." Roy smiled and sat up "well i had a few nightmares last night and...i needed someone who is like a parent..."