How My Class Reacted To Johnny Cade's Death

Like most Outsiders fans, their English teacher made them read The Outsiders for school. We read it as a class.

After reading chapter 7, I ended up realizing that this book was so good that I just had to finish the book over the weekend when we were still on chapter 7 (but I ended up finishing it all in one night :P).

And because I read on, I was already aware of Johnny and Dally's deaths.

So when it came time to read chapter 9, things got...interesting...

Before we read, my friend (let's called her Olivia for now), grabbed a box of tissues and put it on her desk (mind you, this was a full box). We somehow all had a feeling something bad would happen.

When one of the boys read the part where Johnny dies, all the girls cried out, "NO!"

(Not me tho :3)

I looked back at Olivia. She was sobbing. Then she held up the tissue box and said, "We're out of tissues now."

SHE USED AN ENTIRE BOX OF TISSUES.

THIS IS HOW SEVERE JOHNNY CADE'S DEATH IS. A PERSON CAN ACCIDENTALLY USE A WHOLE TISSUE BOX WHILE READING ABOUT/WATCHING HIS DEATH.

The whole time this was happening, I was just laughing hysterically. I'm an evil person.

Later on, another girl said, "Gee, I really hope no one else dies." Me and the boy that recently read turned to her and he said, "don't get your hopes up (referencing to Dallas. He had already read the book.)."

Side note: the tissue box Olivia finished was kept as a memorial for Johnny Cade." I wrote on it with blue marker, "Johnny's Tissue Box".

Unfortunately, we came to class one day to find out that the janitor threw out Johnny's Tissue Box...

UPDATE AS OF 9/1/16: I think it's important to say that after reading that Johnny died, one of the girls screamed, "POR QUE!!!"