Short Story: Kiss Him Once For Me

A/N: Ok so this is a Christmas one shot. Yea I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet but I'm already listening to Christmas music and I just couldn't resist writing this. In this one shot, Ponyboy will be 3 but Soda and Darry will still be 16 and 20. Hope you enjoy!

Warning: Lots of fluff, especially at the end.

"But Darry!" Sodapop cried into the phone. "You said you'd be home by 8!"

"I know little buddy..." Darry replied sadly. "But another person called out so I gotta work until 9:30. I'm sorry..."

"9:30?!? But that's a half hour after Ponyboy goes to sleep! And it's Christmas Eve! You promised him that we'd all put out the cookies and milk! He's in his bedroom crying because he misses you!

"Tell him I'll be home soon and try to calm him down. Sing him a song, that usually works. I gotta go now. See ya later. Love ya little buddy."

"Love ya too, Muscles."

Soda hung up the phone and walked into his three-year-old brother, Ponyboy's, room. Ponyboy was laying face down on his little bed sobbing profusely, clutched his stuffed dragon in his arms. He was wearing footie pajamas that resembled a gingerbread man. The sixteen-year-old sat beside him and rubbed his back and then sat him on his lap.

"Shh...." Soda cooed, brushing away Pony's tears. "Everything's gonna be okay honey...Darry'll be home soon...then we'll put out the cookies and milk for Santa...then we'll go to sleep." Sadly, this only made Pony cry more. "I miss Dawwy!!!" He cried. "He'll be home soon, I promise. Until then, we can cuddle in the living room." Pony nodded.

--

Sodapop and Ponyboy were, as promised, snuggled up together on the couch. They had a big fluffy blanket wrapped around them, and Pony was drinking chocolate milk out of his sippy cup. He was calmer than before, but he still had tears running down his cheeks. Soda noticed this.

"Want me to sing you a Christmas song?" Soda suggested. Pony sniffed and nodded, laying his head on Soda's lap. Soda stroked the toddler's hair and began to sing.

Have a holly jolly Christmas

It's the best time of the year.

I don't know if there'll be snow

But have a cup of cheer.

Have a holly jolly Christmas

And when you walk down the street

Say hello to friends you know

And everyone you meet.

Ponyboy smiled at his big brother's voice and curled up in his arms, nuzzling him. Soda nuzzled back and continued.

Oh ho, the mistletoe

Hung where you can see

Somebody waits for you

Kiss him once for me.

After singing this line, Sodapop kissed Ponyboy on the cheek, causing the toddler to giggle. Soda continued.

Have a holly jolly Christmas

And incase you didn't hear

Oh by golly have a holly jolly Christmas

This year...

Ponyboy finally calmed down and hugged Soda. "Can you sing more?" He asked innocently, looking up. Soda chuckled. "Alright, little colt."

Oh ho, the mistletoe

Hung where you can see

Somebody waits for you...

At this time, Darry had come home from work early. He heard Soda singing to Ponyboy and slowly walked over behind Pony and scooped him up.

"Kiss him once for me!" Darry sang happily and finished the song as he gave Ponyboy the biggest kiss on the cheek. Ponyboy squealed and giggled, hugging Darry. "Dawwy!!" He cried. Darry laughed and ruffled his hair.

Soda stood up and joined the hug as well. "Hey Dar! You're home early!" Darry chuckled. "Yea, my boss felt bad for making me work overtime on Christmas Eve, so he let me go home." Darry then tapped Pony's shoulder. "Hey little man, you ready to put out Santa's cookies and milk?" Ponyboy's face lit up and nodded.

The three-year old grabbed the chocolate chip cookies that all three of them made earlier that they and placed them on a plate. Darry poured a glass of milk and finally, Ponyboy put everything on a little table. "There! Everything's all ready for Santa!" He then yawned.

Sodapop chuckled lightly and picked up Ponyboy. "And I think it's also time for someone to go to bed.." He said. Pony nodded and yawned bigger. He laid his head on Soda's shoulder and fell asleep in a heartbeat.

Darry and Soda went to Pony's room and tucked him in bed. Pony snuggled into his pillows and held his plush dragon close, smiling in his sleep.

As the two older brother left their younger brother's room, they both began singing the rest of the song softly.

Have a holly jolly Christmas

And incase you didn't hear

Oh by golly have a holly jolly Christmas

This year....

A/N: awwwwww I love Curtis brother fluff! This song "Holly Jolly Christmas" is actually a really sentimental song for me. My mom used to sing it to me all the time during Christmas when I was little. Hope you guys enjoyed! Stay gold!

~ TJ