Is This Weird Or Not?

Okay tell me if this is weird...

So I have this white Outsiders T-shirt with the whole gang on it (it's on Amazon :D). A lot of times when I wear it in public, people notice it and comment on how they liked the movie, which is good I guess...

...except for the fact that they are coMPLETE STRANGERS TO ME.

This has happened twice so far and I'm sure it'll happen more:

Time #1: So I was at the library (wearing my Outsiders shirt), about to leave when a parent, who was talking with a librarian, saw my shirt, probably pointed to it, and said, "...and this was my FAVORITE book!" It was awkward, but me, the mom, and the librarian had a brief talk about The Outsiders. So that wasn't really that bad.

Time #2: This one happened not too long ago. I was at a book store when a twenty-something year old man stopped me and said how The Outsiders was a great movie. Again, this was totally awkward a so I just smiled and nodded. Then he kept talking about how great Ralph Macchio was in Karate Kid and how C. Thomas Howell was in Red Dawn. Again, I just smiled and nodded.

I understand that they're only doing this because they like the movie, but it just seemed weird to me idk...what do you guys think?