Grandmas VS The Outsiders

My grandmas from both of my parents's sides have seen The Outsiders (I made them watch it). My grandma from my mom's side has seen part of it and my grandma from my dad's side has seen the whole movie. Their reactions were hilarious.

My Grandmother From My Mom's Side's Reaction

- She was very confused (she had not read the book)

- Called the Socs who tried to jump Ponyboy 'stupid' (YEA!)

- Didn't understand Sodapop's name

- Thought Soda was Pony's dad

But I think she liked it anyway

My Grandmother From My Dad's Side's Reaction

This one has more of a story. I just got her into The Outsiders. She borrowed my copy of it and when she finished, we watched the movie. She loved it because it reminded her of 'back then' and because all the actors looked so young.

During the scene where Soda and Pony are talking in bed, my grandma turned to me and said, "Aren't you happy that you don't share a bed?"

Throughout the movie, she asked me random questions about it. I had to google when Karate Kid and Dirty Dancing came out (don't blame me for not knowing :P both came out after Outsiders) because she was curious.

When the movie ended, I asked her if she liked it. In response, she gave a the ol' "be-grateful-for-what-you-have-and-be-happy-you're-not-in-Johnny's-shoes" speech. Typical.

Side note: she took me out for ice cream afterwards