- Complications -

Vigorous shaking woke me up "Greenie, move. Your brother has fucked everything up!" Newt's voice filled the air, as soon as he said brother my eyes shot open and i dont remember how i stood up but i did. Gunshots entered my ears and i froze for a split second before my training kicked in, i lunged for my gun and took off running in the direction of the shots.

Minho and Newt were behind me, ahead of me everyone else were hiding behind trees and Atticus was slumped on the floor with Thomas putting pressure on his leg. "Ah shuck it!" i grumbled.

"What happened!?" i growled

"Your brother thought it would be smart to shut off their electricity like you said, well they have back up generators and immediately guys that looked like storm troopers from those old star wars movies burst out of everywhere and started firing, they are still there" his head jerked backwards "We're screwed"

"You remember star wars? I thought your memory didnt come back?"

"It's started slowly. I loved star wars"

"Me too" i smiled but the slapped my brother across the face so hard im sure the 'storm troopers' heard it. "You slinthead! what were you thinking. IDIOT!

I crept up to where James and Minho were, they told me they couldnt see them anymore, either they had given up or were hiding. Well i knew it wasn't like WICKED to just give up when something like this happens. I looked closer and then i saw the tiniest bits of white suit in the leaves of bushes and a gun nose pointing out from a tree, i made James and Minho aware of them. "We can either fight or run" i said looking back at my brother who was in a lot of pain. 

"Well we need to run, we are outnumbered" James replied. We all agreed and slowly walked backwards. But not quiet enough. More gunshots fired and i hit the floor. 

I immediately looked around for Newt, he was fine but his face was scared. Everyone's was. "Um greenie" Minho's voice cracked "You've- you've been shot"

"What?"

"Your back"

I sat up and put my hand on my back, it was wet and sticky. "Oh shit" I whispered. Newt ran to me "You're gonna be OK greenie, you're gonna be OK" 

Then i felt it. Sharp pain, i had felt it before. But not like this. My life flashed in front of me, hanging with Newt when we were kids, being put in the maze, chuck and Alby, the scorch, the cranks, The right arm, the faces of everyone i had killed in my 20 odd years of life. Newt not being immune, the flare, him shooting me, the operation to save him, paradise. the explosions. the tattoo the chip...

"Oh shit" i whispered before blacking out.

-------------------------------------

an extra part for you guys for being so patient :D 

i love you all so much x

love abbie <3