Chapter II

Nico's POV

I lit the fire and backed up. Then, I stood beside Leo's little sister Kat, Callie's only friend, besides Noah. Percy had showed up a couple hours ago for the ceremony. He and Annabeth were hugging each other, and bawling. I was hugging Kat, trying to tell her that it will get better, but I didn't believe my own words. Even though we tried to kill each other, I still cared about I her. Chiron walked out with a six foot long piece of green silk cloth with a triton on it. Percy stepped up, and took the shrine in his hands. He walked to the fire, bent down onto his knees, and laid the shrine in the fire. He choked up as the shrine went up in flames, and so did I. I ran and fell to my knees right beside him, as did Annabeth. And Kat. And Noah, Jason, Piper, Will. We all wrapped our arms around each other in a hug. Percy was sobbing, choking up, and shaking.
"It's all my fault. I couldn't save her. I didn't help her. I killed my own little sister." Percy huffed.
"Percy, this is not your fault." Annabeth told him.
"I just want my sister back." He sobbed.
"We all do, Percy. She loved you as much as you love her. She's watching you from Elysium right now." I said.
"I-I know." Percy stuttered. "But she-she's really gone. It's like there's a hole in my heart." We sat in silence as everyone bowed their heads. After the shrine was nothing but ashes, we went back to our cabins. Kat was still crying, so she went over to see how Noah was doing. He was pretty jacked up, he really liked her. I walked over to the Poseidon cabin. Annabeth was there with Percy, and they were laying together. It looked like Percy had cried himself to sleep. Annabeth was playing with a piece of his hair.
  "Hey Annabeth. Are you ok?" I asked.
  "Not really. Like most of us, she was like a little sister to me. And Percy is thinking suicidal, according to Grover. It's killing me to see him like this. He said that Poseidon doesn't even care." She said.
  "Ok. I'm going to see how everyone else is Doing, since the whole camp is silent. Will feels horrible because he couldn't save her. He blames it on himself. So my first stop is the Apollo cabin." Truth was I knew what it was like losing a sibling. This all reminds me of Bianca. I try pushing my feelings down so I don't think of everyone I've lost. I knew Will was messed up. Not being able to heal her. Noah, he lost his girlfriend, the only person that cared about him. Kat. Wow, Kat had lost everything. Leo, Charles, Callie, and Silena were gone and dead. She had lost everyone except Noah. They were only friends because Callie had brought them together. I made it to the Apollo cabin door and knocked. Will opened the door, his eyes were puffy from crying, and then he hugged me.
  "It's all my fault, Nico. I couldn't save her. I'm not a healer, I'm a fraud."
  "Will, it wasn't your fault. She was impaled. You can't heal that." I told him.
  "Thanks Nico. Love you. Please come in." He said. I walked in and was hit with everyone's stories at once.