Chapter V

Noah's POV

   I so ticked. Callie's mortal funeral was today, and I wasn't allowed to go. But my sister was allowed to go and sing. She got to sing, and I didn't! I even had a song picked out. Oceans by Hillsong United. I was so angry, Teresa didn't even know her! They could have gotten any Apollo kid, like me!' I walked out to the ocean, because well, it reminded me of her of course. The chorus of the song played through my head.
  And I will call upon your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in your embrace
For I am yours
And you are mine
I had to get her off my mind. I went to the rock climbing area. I jumped up and started climbing. I thought about our first day, racing her on these very rocks. I'd zoned out and hit an ugly kid.
  "Hey! Watch it blondie!" He yelled.
  "Sorry." I murmured. I a little higher before the lava could catch up, but the dude pushed me. Will and Clarisse were below us on the ground. My foot slipped, but I quickly recovered and tried scurrying upwards, but he stepped on my hand. I was hanging on by one hand. I swung my foot on to the other side and climbed up.
  "Keep going Noah!" Will yelled. I kicked the dude in the ribs and kept going like Will told me to. The dude stepped on my head then hit the buzzer, signaling his win. I climbed back down to Will.
"Awesome job Roland!" Clarisse said, high-fiving the boy. 'He was a son of Ares' is went through my head. I needed Callie right now. I missed her. I went to the infirmary to fulfill my Apollo child chores. I was in charge of the 12 and under campers minor injuries, even though our youngest camper was 6. I sometimes helped Will with major stuff, but since I was one of the youngest healers, I couldn't do it by myself. My first patient was the 6 year old daughter of Athena, Paisley. She had Long light brown hair, and stormy gray eyes, like Annabeth. I walked into the room she was in, and she was sitting in bed, holding her wrist, crying. I say on the end of her bed, starting my first step. Asking what happened, then calming her down.
  "What happened, Paisley?" I asked. She turned away, trying to make it look like she wasn't hurting.
  "If you tell me what happened I can make you feel better." I told her. She looked up at me, her eyes pleading and red from crying.
  "Ok." She said miserably. "Harley and I were trying to be like the Jackson siblings." She wasn't finished, but tears were welling in my eyes. I can't let her see I'm not super strong, these little kids look up to us. "So we were fighting with our swords and daggers. He cut my wrist then I fell on it." She was still crying. She moved her hand and let me see. It wasn't the worst I'd seen, but it was bad for a six year old. I got up and went to the medicine cabinet. I got out the supplies to stitch up the gash, Ambrosia, Nectar, and an ace wrap to wrap it up when I'm done.
  "Can I see your wrist?" I asked. She laid her arm on my lap. "Here." I said, handing her some Ambrosia. She ate it and then giggled.
  "It tastes like pizza!" She said. I laughed at her. Little kids had a weird way of making me laugh, even when I'm supposed to be serious and focused.
  "And drink this too!" I told her. I stuck the straw gently into the corner of her mouth, and let her take a couple sips. She was small, so I had to take it away from her fast.
  "Can you lay back for me?" I asked. She shook her head yes. She laid back on the pillows and I started to work. Stitching her arm back together, I listened to her ramble on about her favorite books. She liked to read about princesses and fairies is what I picked up about this. About half an hour later I finished. She sat up as I was wrapping from her elbow to her palm.
  "Did you know I knew Callie? She was my girlfriend." I told her.
  "Really? Cool! Did you know Percy?" She asked. "That's my big sister's boyfriend. She's really sad. I don't know why." She said. She didn't know we were all really sad.
  "Yep, I knew Percy too." I said. "Annabeth is really sad because Callie isn't here any more. We're all sad. I am too." I whispered to her.
  "So she's lost? Is she in the woods? I got lost there once before. Annabeth had to come get me."
  "N-No. She's in Elysium." I told her. She gave me a hug.
"It's ok. I'll be just like Callie. Is Percy going to come back to camp?" She asked.
  "Actually." I said "he should be here tomorrow. You need to stay with us in here one more night to make sure you feel better."
  "Ok." She said.
  "I'll come back later to check on you ok?" I said.
  "Alright." She told me. I went to check on my other patients. A child of Hermes fell out of a tree, A child of Hypnos fell asleep at the archery range, and a child of Ares got stabbed by their brother. After doing all of that, it was after midnight. I had blood on my clothes and in my hair, so I had to run to the showers. Then going back to the cabin, the harpies caught me so I had to sprint. But I finally got to go to sleep and dream about Callie.

A/N
Up top is my doodle of Callie and the video for the song that Noah was going to sing. Enjoy. VOTE AND COMMENT! Tootles.