Chapter III

Percy's POV

Today was the mortal funeral for Callie. Mom, Luke her satyr, most of her schoolmates, and I attended. Poseidon showed up for about an hour, but I didn't talk to him. I was furious with all the Olympians. For you care enough to bless her, you should care enough to keep her alive. There was a closed casket, no Callie. I didn't know where her body was. I was reviewing my speech, but before I knew it, it was time for me to come to the podium. I lingered up to the front, and stumbled before I even made it there. Being an ADHD and dyslexic wasn't a strength when it came to speeches. I wandered up to the podium and set the paper down.
"Hello fellow accompanies of Callie Jackson" I mumbled into the microphone. Annabeth couldn't come to the funeral because she wasn't a mortal friend or mortally related. Dad wasn't even supposed to come. But she thought 'hey, if I can't be there, I'll write Percy's speech!' It was an amazing one, but I didn't understand almost half the words on here. I breathed deep, and went on speaking.
"Callie Jackson was my little sister. I didn't know her very long, but I definitely loved her. I spent weeks with this tough little girl. She-she didn't deserve it." I choked up. "But she's in a better place now." Huh. Not as complex as I thought. Short and sweet. I remembered her dead face. Closed sea green eyes, never to be seen again. Her body steadily cooling in my lap. I tried to stop thinking. I couldn't cry in front of all these people I bit my lip and scurried of the stage. I was the last speaker, so I walked up to help carry the casket to the hurst. It was Luke, Paul, A schoolmate, and I carrying it. I rode with mom to the burial yard. We grabbed the handles and lowered her six foot down. I jogged over to mom, who was silently weeping. I wrapped my arms around her in a hug. Paul did the same. I felt the warm tears running down my cheeks. I listened to the Apollo girl named Teresa who wasn't supposed to be here.
"Hi. My name is Teresa Allred. I haven't known Callie very long, but I was a summer camp attender like her. I saw her around a few times. I will be singing "Safe and Sound" by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars. Helping my out with singing is John Furr, Playing guitar is Amandla Thomas, and on drums is Will Fletcher. We hope you enjoy. Amandla and Will started out with a sweet melody. Then Teresa started up.

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said "I'll never let you go."
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said "Don't leave me here alone."
But that's dead and gone and passed tonight
  Now John came in in the chorus.
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound
  John stopped singing.
Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire
  The war outside, outdoors keeps raging on.
        John backed her up.
We'll get through this, my lover.
  Even when the musics gone.
  Gone.
  Just close your eyes
  The sun is going down
  You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
  Come morning light
  You and I'll be safe, and, sou-nd
  Oh oh oh oh
  Oh oh oh oh
  La la (la la)
  La la (la la)
Oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
La la (la la)
La la (la la)
The beat stopped, and it was just Teresa singing
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be all right
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound
Oo-h oo-h oh oh
Our love
  She was really good. And it really reminded me about Callie. We finally left the burial yard and headed to our apartment on the upper east side. After comforting my mom for an hour, I decided to go to camp. Everyone was really shaken up. A daughter of Poseidon was rare, much less the one that helps defeat Gaea with the seven chosen demigods, from one of the exact mortals that Poseidon had already had a child with, but watching her die? From a battle wound? Impossible. But the impossible happens with Greek Mythology. And I hated it. I should have been the one in Kymopoleia's prophecy, the one out of the seven to die. Leo would still be here too. I missed his humor, sarcastic remarks, saving the day. I missed Leo. I missed both of them. And I couldn't get them back.

A/N
Hi guys. I'm back! Anyways if you want to watch the video of the song Teresa sang go on YouTube and look up "Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift" it's video is actually based on the hunger games, hopefully you'll get who Taylor plays. That's all for now! Vote and Comment! Byee!