Chapter VIII

Kat's POV

I missed everyone. Every time I walked by someone whispered. I heard bits and pieces of things.
"She's lost everyone-"
"Yeah, one of Callie's only friends-"
I didn't pay attention to them, but what they said was true. I'd lost Charles, Silena, Leo, Callie, my mom didn't accept me; she thought I was a freak. I had nobody, except Noah. And only because Callie had brought us together, and we were both grieving. I decided to go play volleyball. They picked teams. I had ended up on a team with Annabeth, Noah, Katie (what's her last name? The daughter of Demeter. You should know her) ,Travis Stoll, Conner Stoll, Will, Nico DiAngelo, and Luke Redd, Callie's satyr. I was in the middle, we were serving first. Annabeth served. We hit the ball around multiple times, diving after it every few seconds. But the game didn't last long. The boy that was in the middle, who looked like a son of Ares and about my age, brought the ball down onto my forehead. My feet fell out from under me. The twins, Conner and Travis picked me up from the court, and brought me to the infirmary, Noah running before us. My head was reeling, and my legs felt like lead. They walked me in and took me to the back. Travis and Conner left, leaving me and Noah in the same room. He felt around my head, asked me if I was dizzy, told me to drink some Gatorade, then confirmed that I had a concussion and a sprained wrist. I sat up, let him wrap my wrist in ace bandage, and hugged him.
"I still miss Callie." He whispered.
"I do too. We only knew her for a month but she changed our lives." I told him. He told me I could go, but to be careful. He had other patients to take care of, so I went over to Hestia's hearth. There was a pale girl, she was so pale she looked kind of blue. She had long curly brown hair, and she was meditating. I walked over to the hearth. She quickly opened her eyes, they were icy blue.
"Hi." I said "I'm Kat."
"Cary. Who's your godly parent?" She asked.
  "Hephaestus. You?" I replied.
  "Khione. Her only child." Wow. An only godly child. That was really rare. She didn't even have a cabin here.
  "Where are you staying?" I asked.
  "At that big blue house. The horse man showed me a room until they get a cabin built for me." Oh wonderful. I had to build another cabin. Or at least help.
  "Cool. The horse man's name is Chiron. He's counselor here at camp. So what do you want to do?" I asked.
  "I don't know really. I like to meditate. I don't know how to do any of the activities. There's not really any people here who have talked to me. I have no friends here."
  "Yeah you do. I'm your friend. And there's a boy who will be your friend too, but he's doing his chores right now. Do you have any powers?" 
"Yep. That's actually how I got here. I accidentally set my powers off on my step mom. I I can't turn anything into ice. And set off snowstorms. Do you have powers?"
  "Uh huh. I'm fire resistant. That's really rare. And I can't weld really well. And create small fires. Come on, we need to go to dinner. You can sit with us Hephaestus kids, since you don't have a table."
  "Race you!" She yelled and took off. She was really fast, but I came into the pavilion at the same time as her. Everyone was staring at us. Or, at her. There was a blue snowflake twisting over her head.
  "All hail." Chiron bellowed. Then he whispered to her. "What's your name?"
  "Caroline Douglas" she whispered back.
  "All hail Caroline Douglas, daughter of Khione, goddess of snow."

    A/N
Hey people! Up there ^^ is a pic of Kat. If you want to know more about Cary's past, read my story I'm Fine. That's all. VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, BYE!!