Chapter XV

Percy's POV

"What?! How? Chiron that doesn't make sense!" I yelled. Grover was still thrashing around on the bed, Juniper had rushed in and was holding his hand. Suddenly, Nico ran in.
  "Chiron." He panted heavily. "I think you need to know this.Wait just a second." He ran back out of the big house as quickly as he entered.
  "What was that about?" Juniper asked, taking her eye off Grover for a couple of seconds to look at Chiron.
  "I don't know." Chiron flatly stated. Nico again ran in, but this time holding another girl's wrist.
  "What Nico? What do you want?!" She didn't sound happy.
  "Just-just do the thing. 2 A.M. this morning." He started waving his hand upward, summoning shadows. At first we saw nothing, just a milky gray gloom. Then, the blond girl moved her hand into a claw shape, and teal lighting shot from all five her fingertips, but the Lightning joined together into one long, thin bolt before hitting the shadows. I had never seen anything like it before. She looked about 14, with dark brown eyes and blond hair. The shadows moved, showing pictures. There was a girl with long curly black hair was running.
  "Callie!" I whispered. The shadows were still doing this. Callie looked up frantically, her green eyes filled with terror. Did I look like that when I was twelve? No. I didn't. I looked over Tartarus and got scared. I went back to watching her. She collapsed against a cliff and slumped to the ground. Her eyes filed with tears, and she let them flow. She pulled her knees up to her chest, then the shadows went back to a grayish color.
  "What happened?" I asked. "Show me more. What's wrong with her?!"
  "She's in Tartarus Percy. There's nothing I can do. Lauren and I will go in the forest tonight and try to get more details. That's all we can do." Nico said.
  "Fine," I looked at the girl. "Who's your parent?"
  "One of the Horae. But other than that unidentified. I'll stay in the Zeus cabin, that's my grandfather. Since my mother doesn't have a cabin, that's what I qualify as. The Horae are goddesses of time, which is how I can show images from the recent past." She fell silent again.
"Well please find out more. That's my sister." I told her.
  "I noticed. You two are the most powerful, unstoppable demigod pair ever. Even if one of you isn't here. You saved Olympus twice, she lived there, and she is blessed by all the gods. You're more popular than Hercules!"
  "Thanks." I grunted back. Will and Noah came running in, ready to take Grover to the infirmary.
  "Noah, could you step out for a second?" Chiron asked.
  "Yes sir." He left the room.
  "Please do not tell anyone else about Callie, especially Noah or Kat. They were her closest friends. We all nodded, Noah came back into the room, and he and Will started moving Grover to the infirmary. Annabeth and I walked back to my cabin, but decided to go to the beach instead. We sat in the sand, our arms wrapped around each other, I told her
  "I have to go see my mom. I love you. Be back in a couple days." We got up, hugged, and I walked off to Half Blood Hill.

  I knocked on the door. Mom answered, she hugged me, then let me in.
  "Hey mom." I said. I plopped down on the couch. She sat down beside me.
  "Did you find out anything about Callie?" She asked. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, but this was mom. I could tell her anything.
  "Call-Callie's in Tartarus. I don't know if she'll be ok." I said. She brought her hands up to her mouth, and tears were welling in her eyes, so I quickly fixed what I said.
  "But she's strong. She'll make it." I said. I wrapped her in my arms. Paul walked in and did the same. They had been recently engaged, so the blue stones embedded in his ring shimmered, and the stone on her gold ring glittered. I don't know how he could afford that on a teacher salary, but I didn't mention that. I left them alone and headed to my room. There was a new decoration there, a board with pictures on it. There was a picture of me and mom, my and Annabeth kissing, and Callie and me. I didn't know how they got the picture of Callie and me, but it didn't matter, it was there. I lied down on the bed and went to sleep, thankfully having no dreams.