Chapter XXVI

Callie's POV

We walked back home in the pouring rain. We were laughing and trying to hit each other, and receiving odd looks from people walking beside us. He whispered in my ear.
"Callie, let the water wet you." He said seriously. I looked over at my perfectly dry hair. Crap. 'Stupid Poseidon powers.' I thought.
"Just concentrate on getting wet. You will." He said. 'Get wet.' I told myself. I felt the water dripping down my back.
"Good." Said Percy. We proceeded to walk up the Upper East side, and into Mom's apartment building. We ran towards the stairs.
"Slow down!" The cranky, old desk man said. We didn't. We got half way up the stairs, drying the water from ourselves with our powers. Percy unlocked moms apartment door. As we walked in, mom was looking out the window.
"Weather's horrid, huh?" She said. "There's some cookies over there." She said, pointing to the bar, still looking out the window. We tackled the platter. Suddenly, there was a sharp pain in my forehead. I let Percy have the platter of cookies.
"You okay?" He said through a mouthful, showering me in blue cookie crumbs. I didn't answer. The pain was growing more immense by the second. I finally couldn't take it, and fell to my knees.
"Callie!" I heard Percy cry, and drop the platter. He was on his knees beside me, his arms around me, his hand trying to pick my chin up. "Please." He whispered to me. "Look at me. Don't be hurt."
"I-I" I mumbled, but then stopped.

   I saw a woman with long, loose brown curls. She had on a flowing white dress that went down to her ankles and was lined with gold. She yanked around to be faced with a taller man wearing a toga. He had sky blue eyes and blond hair. She gave him a fierce stare. Then I noticed a man wearing a Hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts. He walked over. He had a kind looking face with sea green eyes and tousled black hair. Father. The woman turned back around.
  "Look what you have done!" She yelled, gesturing the air around her.
  "What have I done Artemis?" He asked gently, rubbing her shoulder. She jerked away.
  "Daughter?" The blonde man said. This was Zeus.
  "My brother! My twin! Your son! Out there in the mortal world." She looked over at my father "and your daughter..." She trailed off, sympathy crossing her metallic eyes, but what she said was quite stern. "she is not ready for this." 
  "I think my daughter is ready for anything the world throws at her." Poseidon said calmly. They then vanished.

  I looked down at moms hardwood floor, Percy still with his arms wrapped around me.
  "Percy," I said, still looking down. "We have to get to camp." I took a long, shaky breath, then looked up at him. I stared into the sea green eyes that matched my own. I shook all over, so he helped me up. He hugged me. Mom watched us, then said
"Go. Iris message me when you can. Love you." She kissed us on the forehead. We walked down through the building, then got outside. We moved very quickly through the rain.
"What did you see Callie?" He asked gently.
"Artemis, Zeus, and dad were arguing, saying something about me not being able to handle something and – Percy look!" I cried pointing. There was a massive black dog running through the mortal street, heading straight towards us. I let out an ancient curse under my breath.
"Mrs. O'Leary." He whispered with a grin. He grabbed my wrist. "Come on!" He ran towards the dog.
"She's a hellhound." He informed.
"I noticed." I said in awe. He threw me on top of her, then climbed in front of me.
"Hold on tight. This could be bumpy." He bent down and started whispering to the black Clifford.
"Ready girl? Camp Half Blood!" He yelled, unsheathing his sword. I clicked my bracelet to form Fortana in my hand. There were shadows forming around her feet.
"Percy..." I said shakily.
"Relax lil' sis. It'll be fine. This is shadow travel. Just lean on me and close your eyes." I did as I was told. Slowly, we started spinning. We started to gain speed. I squeezed my eyes closed tighter. We were then spinning faster than I could realize, so I tried to think of anything except what was so urgent to get to camp that I had to travel like this.