Steve~ Mini Me or You (Request)

This is a request from Grace_Solo_Rogers . Enjoy!

--------------------------

You stared down at the little white stick in your hand, happy tears streaming down your face as you looked at the two little white lines. You and Steve had been married for about two years now and you have been trying for a baby for about a year, but nothing ever seemed to happen. But finally, it happened. You had tried again, expecting nothing to happen like always, but then you started to have morning sickness a couple weeks after that night. You had waited a week or two to see if it was just a stomach bug, but it didn't fade, so you went to the store and got three pregnancy tests, so you could make sure the first one wasn't faulty. All three of the tests showed positive. You were so excited to tell Steve and you couldn't wait for him to get home from SHIELD headquarters. You decided to start on dinner and make him something that would surely clue him in on what was happening. You boxed up one of the pregnancy tests and put it somewhere he wouldn't find it right away. You began making dinner, expecting him home in a couple hours.

***

"(Y/N)! I'm home!" Steve called as he walked through the door. "Something smells good!"

"Mmmmhmm. I'm making dinner. Of course it smells good." You giggled as he wrapped his arms around you from behind and set his chin on your shoulder.

"What is it?" he asked eagerly.

"I'm not telling you. It's a surprise." you said, smiling.

"Aww."

"Go take a shower. You stink. Were you training new recruits today?" you asked.

"Yeah." he said, pouting a bit as you pushed him towards the bathroom.

"Well, take a shower. I'll have dinner on the table when you get out."

As he went and took a shower, you started setting everything on the table, and making sure it was perfect before he got out. You set up your plates across from each other so you could see each other as you talked. You were really excited for him to find out the news, it was so hard not to tell him straight out. You sat at the table, waiting for him to come back out. When he did, you were smiling.

"This is a lot of food." he said. "And just for us?"

"Yep. We have some baby back ribs, baby corn, baby carrots and a salad with some baby spinach." you said, just waiting for him to realize what was going on, and sure enough it did. His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Are you telling me what I think you are...?" he asked, looking up at you.

You nodded, happy tears in your eyes once again. "I'm pregnant, Steve. We're going to have a baby." You said. Before you knew it, he was out of his chair and you were soon out of yours as he lifted you out of it and spun you around, careful not to tip anything over.

He was smiling like an idiot as he put you down. "I can't believe it. We've been trying for so long." he said, putting a hand on your stomach and then one on your cheek. "We're having a baby." he kissed you softly, in which you kissed back.

You two had finally done it. You were going to start a family.