Chapter 4: Questions

Chapter 4:

[A/n: from this chapter on, most of the chapters are going to be similar to HPOOTP however, this is Elizabeth's story I'm going to use the OOTP as a bit of a guideline. ALL HARRY POTTER RELATED CHARACTERS/SETTINGS/PLOT ARE J.K. ROWLINGS. I own nothing except Elizabeth and her own story.]

Elizabeth's POV

All this past week I've been on cloud nine, relishing the fact that I am now Draco Malfoy's girlfriend. I had fallen for him in our third year, ever since Hermione broke his nose. Of course I had helped Ron when he was taken into the shrieking shack but I didn't go with Harry and Hermione back in time to free Buckbeak and Sirius. I stayed in the Hospital Wing because when Ron got dragged underneath the Womping Willow, I he grabbed my hand and successfully broke my arm. I had snuck out of the infirmary and found Draco in the dungeons with his eyes a brilliant shade of purple and his nose all swollen and bloody. I had never seen him look so handsome.

We sent letters back and forth the last few days and I had spoken to him using the floo network twice. That was a little odd trying to plan. He couldn't use the floo network to get to Grimmauld Place because I wasn't allowed to tell him where I was, and he wasn't comfortable talking to me until after everyone had gone to bed. Eventually we compromised an decided to talk when his parents had the manor.

I just wish I could tell someone about Draco and I. My parents wouldn't approve and the twins and my friends thought he was a complete guy. They barely tolerated us being friends, Merlin knows what they would say if they found out we were dating. I debated on telling Bill or Charlie because I was always really close with them growing up and I know that out of everyone in the family, Bill was the most understanding. Bill transferred back to England to help with the order for a few months (and help Fluer Delacour with her English, much to my mothers annoyance) and so he's been spending more time at home. I just hope he understands when I tell him..

I've gotten a couple of letters from Harry the last few days and they get more and more agitated and depressed as they arrived. He wanted so badly to leave his aunt and uncles house and come be where he belongs and he wanted to know what was going on in our world but we couldn't say anything. Apparently Moody, Kingsley, Lupin, Tonks, and a few other order members were going to get Harry, we just didn't know when.

"Elizabeth, come to the kitchen, dad wants to talk to us about something," Fred said, standing in the doorway to Buckbeak's room where I was feeding him dead rats.

"What about?" I asked as I wiped my hands on a towel and scratched the giant creature behind his wing joint, a favorite spot of his. Fred shrugged and just motioned for me to follow him down stairs. I walked down to the kitchen, being careful to tiptoe past the portrait of Sirius' mother that hung in the hallway. She had an annoying habit of shrieking obscenities into the air after a loud noise is made.

"What's going on?" I questioned as I entered the kitchen to see my family, Sirius, Lupin, Moody, Tonks and Mundungus Fletcher, a dirty old wizard whom I had met a few days prior to today. He was one of The people that watched over Harry, making sure he stayed safe and out of trouble. Mum wasn't too fond of Mundungus, she thought he was a bad influence because he made a living selling stolen or broken goods to unsuspecting people.

"There was magic performed in little Winging two days ago." dad reported, sitting next to Sirius at the head of the table.

"Little Winging? But, that's By where Harry lives!" Hermione cried.

"Exactly. Harry performed the Patronus charm at around 9:30 pm on August second. He was, technically, expelled from Hogwarts." dad frowned.

"What!?" Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Ginny, and I said in unison. I was shocked. Harry wouldn't have just done magic for the hell of it, especially not after getting that warning about using magic outside school when Dobby the House Elf made a pudding explode at his house. There had to have been a good reason.