Chapter 7:Molly's Trials

• Věnováno My Mommy

Special thanks to my mommy for coming up witht the title ^_^ check out my wattpad page on FB for updates link in the description or look up CourtneyNicole12345 on wattpad on fb

Chapter 7:

Elizabeth’s POV

            After the news of what happened at Harry’s trial sunk in a bit, everyone in the house had a total change of attitude. We were a lot happier than we were on the day of the trial and we kids were ecstatic that Harry was going back to Hogwarts with us. The only person in a foul mood was Sirius. Sure, in the beginning, he was really proud that Harry was cleared of all the charges against him, but as the days went on, his mood got darker and darker. It was no surprise why, though. He wasn’t really upset that Harry was going back to school, but I think that he was kind of hoping that Harry would be expelled and he would come live with Sirius.

            “He doesn’t really think that,” Harry scoffed as we attempted to clean the cupboard in Ron and Harry’s room. It was coated in mold that was proving difficult to remove.  Hermione looked at me, rolling her eyes, and then turned back to Harry.

            “I think he does, Harry. I think he wanted you to be expelled so you would come and stay with him, which is very irresponsible of him, if you ask me,” she said, wisely, scrubbing at a greenish spot on the wall of the cupboard.

            “Come off it, Hermione,” Harry frowned.

            “Yeah, Hermione, that’s not fair to say that,” Ron muttered, picking at the mold that had attached itself to his finger.

            “Elizabeth agrees with me!” Hermione cried, exasperated. “Right?” she looked at me. Harry and Ron looked at each other and then turned to stare at me. I sighed.

            “I kind of agree. Sorry Harry,’ I said as my friend scowled at me. “Look, I know that Sirius would rather you stay here with him, because he’s lonely, the man’s been cooped up for so long, I’m sure he’d want to have more permanent company. I mean, sure, he has Lupin, but Remus is always gone, doing stuff for the order and you know that no one else from the Order stays here unless they have to.”  I said all this gently so as not to anger my friend, while in the back of my mind, I heard the little voice from the locket whisper something about plans being made. I shook my head trying to clear it. The locket didn’t usually talk, and it usually only said ‘power’, the sudden change startled me for a moment.

            “Poor bloke,” Ron said, shaking his head. “I reckon the girls are right, mate. Don’t worry about it though, he’ll be fine.”

            Hermione and I nodded in agreement while Harry frowned. At that moment, mum poked her head into the room. She looked at the four of us standing around and shook her head. “Not done yet, then?”

            “Can’t we have a break, mum?” I asked.

            “You lot have been complaining about not being involved in the Order and when I tell you to do this, you complain more? Cleaning is doing something, we need to make this place fit for human habitation,” mum said reasonably.

            “Come on, mum!” Ron cried. “We’ve been working like house-elves here!” Ron swallowed nervously as Hermione glared at him. Hermione was still caught up on S.P.E.W. (the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare) the organization she had started last year after witnessing how badly the creatures were treated. She was constantly saying we should be nicer to Kreacher and how we needed more members, but she was ignored. “It’s just an expression,” my brother said, shifting guiltily.