Chapter 1

Maya

I stare up into the ceiling. My walls are painted white. Way to bright for my eyes. I'm stuck... Trapped in my thoughts. My head is like a storm- no not a storm a hurricane. Not even a hurricane. My thoughts swirl around bumping into each other. Crashing... Colliding... They contradict each other... They eat at me. And I can't escape them. My thoughts are like bugs. They bother me and aggravate me and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm like the moon. I hide in the shadows and need others light to allow me to illuminate. *Buzz* I glance over at where my phone is charging on my night stand. I glance at the screen.

I get out of bed and walk into the bathroom. I avoid looking into the mirror. For I don't want to see the monster that looks back at me. I step into the shower and turn on the hot water but what greets be is not hot but water as cold as my dad's heart. I screech and jump out of the shower falling into the ground of my bathroom. I skip the shower and get dressed instead. I pull on boyfriend jeans and an orange flannel. I brush my hair onto my shoulders. I flinch as I hear a scream coming from a little boy. I close my eyes. I hear a rumbling and footsteps coming up the stairs. My room door swings open and in walks a monster. He's got huge claws and a scruffy face. He grabs me by my hair and I punch him in the face. He doesn't intimidate me and never will. He grabs my fist and twists it. I try not to scream out in pain.
"It hurts doesn't it. Huh?" He smiles at me and I scream biting his arm with my teeth. I don't stop. I sink my teeth into his skin until he wails releasing my arm. He pushes me to the ground. I look up at his face immediately regretting my actions. I look in the door way to see my little brother who is coughing up blood, tears running down his face. I lick my fathers blood off of my teeth and smile. Big mistake. He grabs me by my neck and throws me onto my bed. He descends down on me and starts sucking at my neck. My breathing fastens and my heart is beating out of my chest. Panic. I can't panic right now it will only encourage his actions. I close my eyes and reach my arm under my bed where I keep my collection of...
I grab one and steady my shaky hands around it. I squeeze my eyes harder and jut the knife into his abdomen. I open up my eyes as he rolls off of me.
"Maya..." I look over at my little brother who's mouth is open wide. I grab a cloth and wipe the knife... We don't want any finger prints right? I clean up my little brother and get him ready for school. I can still hear my father screaming out in pain. Which only causes my smile to widen.

*Skip to school*

"Maya Hart?" I hear the teacher call my name. I look up at him. He has curly short brown hair and is wearing pretty basic teacher clothing. "Here." I say. I go back to drawing in my notebook when I feel a tap on my desk. I look up and find a girl standing in front of me. No she's not just any girl. She's the sun. Her brown hair falls perfectly onto her shoulders. I look up into her eyes. "Woah" I whisper. Her eyes look like a huge pool of chocolate... And boy do I love chocolate. I could swim in them all day. I slowly gaze down at her lips. Their nice and pink, they are also moving. I shake my head an smile. "Uh...I didn't hear a thing u just said." I say. She laughs and it makes my smile widen. "I said that class is over and it's free period now. How did u not hear me? I wasn't whispering." She laughed again. "I guess I was too busy swimming in your eyes." She blushes. She goes to say something when a tall hunk of handsome comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist causing her to jump. She turns around and smiles. And they kiss right in front of me. I watch the way their lips collide and I watch as he tries to enter her mouth but she pushes him away. Her face pales. "Lucas. I'm... You know I'm not ready for that." And punches him in the arm. I smile... She'll be ready when I get to her. I lick my lips. "Uh, Lucas this is my friend Maya and Maya this is..." He cuts her off. "Her boyfriend." He winks at me and walks off... Practically pulling the girl along with him. I stand and look around the room. Their are a couple people still in the classroom so I'm guessing most people left.
"Hey." I turn to look behind me and I'm greeted by a pretty boy in black. He smiles a half smile and my eyes widen for I've never seen a smile like that before. "I'm Farkle." He says. "I'm Maya." I hear a huff coming from the girl sitting behind him. Possibly his girl friend. I turn around and smile. I enjoy drama.

*NOTE FROM AUTHOR*
I have a very bad habit of using "..." Where they are not needed and I am working towards fixing this so please bare with me. Okay so I have absolutely no idea what brought me to write this but I do like it so far and I hope that you guys like it as well. It would be nice if you guys could recommend this story to your friends and followers and what not because I would really appreciate that. Thanks!