Chapter 24

*short chapter*

Riley

I lay on the bed with Maya's head on my stomach and smile.

Everything is perfect.

Maya is my girlfriend.

Lucas expects us.

Smakle is happy for us.

Zay is with Farkle.

And Vanessa is happy for Zay.

I smile and run a hand through Maya's hair.

~

Maya

I feel a sharp pain in my chest.

I breath in and out slowly.

"What's wrong babe?" Riley asks. I look up at her and smile. "I love you. I'm really glad Smakle accepts us." She says. I nod suddenly feeling very weak.

I- I really like you a lot.

A voice in my head says sounding a lot like Smakle. I reach for my phone and shoot Smakle a text to meet me at Dunkin Donuts.

"I got to go." I tell Riley. "I'll come with you." She says and I smile.

We make our way out of her house to find Farkle sitting on a bench right outside the apartment building.

"Hey Fark-" he interrupts Riley. "You guys broke Smakle." He states. What the he'll is he talking about. He rolls his eyes as we both clearly look confused. "Did you forget that we were supposed to come over your house today Riley?" He states running a hand through his hair.

Then it hits me.

She must have seen us kiss.

"Why does it matter? She didn't like me?" I say rolling my eyes too. He stares at me- hard. He laughs bitterly. "You're kidding me right? She confessed to you in the hospital that night. You even told her you loved her back." Riley gasp and I frown.

I forgot.

Well, I didn't forget is just that Riley told me about Smakle and Lucas' plan so I just figured it was part of the plan.

Great.

"So where is Smakle." He looks up and that's when I realize he looks sad- no not sad- he looks... Dead inside. "She's at the hospital." He says.

"What?" Riley beats me to it.

"She tried to convince her cousins to kill her after they encouraged her to kill herself. She hit her head on the ground and blacked out." He states, his voice low and mellow.

I can't talk.

I fall to the ground.

And the darkness takes me.