Chapter 22

Sunhi

I'm not safe at home.

One of the many reasons I spend most of my time at Emma's house.

Emma makes me feel safe.

She's someone who I can just talk to.

I can't lose her.

I'd die if I did.

Carla and Renee are my friends but they could never compare to Emma.

As we stand in the elevator I can't help but stare at Emma.

She's beautiful.

She's got long blond hair. Blue eyes.

She's wearing boyfriend jeans and a lace up shirt.

My chest could never fit in a shirt like that. I giggle at the thought. She looks at me and smiles.

"You have a cute giggle." She says and we both laugh.

I love her laugh.

She doesn't know this. But it kind of hurt me that she didn't recognize that we went to the same school but her actions make up for it.

Once we get down to the lobby, we walk out the door to the front and Carla gets an Über.

"Fifteen minutes." She says. "Do you still want us to go with you Maya?" Renee asks. Maya shakes her head just as the uber arrives.

"Bye." She waves. I smile.

I'm glad I meet her.

~

Maya

I knock on the door to Riley's apartment and it opens immediately and she jumps on me and we both fall to the ground.

She laughs and helps me up.

"Sorry. I missed you." I laugh. "It hasn't even been a day." We walk to her room and sit in a the bay window.

She takes my hand and looks up at me. I blush wildly.

"Will you be my girlfriend." She asks.

I nod quickly and smile.

I pull her into a hug that turns into a make out session way to fast.

Smakle

Ouch.

That hurt.

Me and Farkle were on our way to Riley's house using the back railings but found them in a pretty heated make our session.

*ding*

I look down at my phone.

Lucas: hey I'm calling the plan off. I broke up with Riley to give her a chance with Maya. You don't have to pretend to like Maya anymore. Sorry that I forced you to.

I stare at the text message.

He thought I didn't like Maya.

He broke up with Riley.

"Oh god. I'm- im sorry Smakle." Farkle says, knowing how much I like Maya.

Riley asked Maya out and Maya said yes without any hesitation.

As if she doesn't have a girl friend.

As if she doesn't care about me.

Wouldn't be the first time someone completely disregarded me.

I mean my family does it all the time.

Including my extended family.

I don't exist to them.

Finding Zay, Farkle, Riley, Lucas, Vanessa and Maya was one of the many things that kept me happy.

I bite my lip and crouch down so that they can't see us if they look out the window.

I call Maya. I can hear her phone ringing... But she doesn't pick it up.

I walk away.

I hear running footsteps coming after me.

"Farkle. Please leave me alone." I run faster than him. All the way home.

~

I walk into my house tears covering my face. My little sister looks up at me but looks back at the tv biting her lip.

"You're always crying." She says. I walk up to my room but am stopped by my mom. She rolls her eyes when she sees my face.

"Shut up and stop crying. Your cousins are coming later on so your in charge." She says and starts to walk away. "Wipe those tears off fucking face." She spits.

But it only makes me cry harder.

*
I have nothing to say.

I love you guys <3