Chapter 21

900 VIEWS OH MY GOD! THANK YOU SO MUCH! To celebrate I'll make a chapter to allow you guys to ask me questions and I'll answer. (They can be about anything. The story, who I ship, what I think GMW endgame is what ever) love you guys so much! Thanks for reading!

Riley

I miss Maya.

A lot.

I'm sitting here on my couch wrapped up in Lucas' arms and it feels great. I didn't realize I missed this. I was too caught up resenting him that I forgot how much I loved him.

But I like Maya.

A lot.

"Babe. What's on your mind?" Lucas asks nuzzling his face in my hair. I blush at the action. "Nothing." I say. He chuckles. "Okay. Then what movie did we just watch?" I look up at the screen and see that the credits to a movie are rolling. I bite my lip.

"How long was the movie?" I ask. He raises an eyebrow and looks at me amused. "An hour and thirty minutes." Crap. I was off in space for a while.

"You miss Maya I'm guessing." He says calmly. I look up at him and he kisses me on the nose. I scrunch up my face and blush. He smiles and looks away from me.

"I don't think you should date me anymore." He says.

Wait.

What?

"What? Why?" I ask, trying to get him to look me in the face. When I finally get a hold of his face, his eyes are teary. My eyes widen. Ive never seen him like this. He's one of those guys that hates showing emotion.

"What's wrong?" I ask, searching his eyes for an answer. I sighs and he looks away from my eyes. "You like her a lot and I've been a bad friend. I've been trying to separate you guys, keep you away from each other. But I see now that I shouldn't have done that. So I'm breaking up with you to give you a chance with Maya. I'll tell Smakle the plan is off." He says now looking back at me.

I try to search his eyes to see if he's lying but he's not.

He pulls me into a hug and leaves.

I sit there stunned.

Did my jealous boyfriend just break up with me to allow me a chance with someone else?

I sigh and reach for my phone to text Maya.

Me: hey can we hang out today?

I bite my lip waiting for a response.

Maya: sure.

~

Maya

"Thanks for having us for dinner." My mom tells Jessie. "Mom I'll be home later on. I'm going to Riley's later." I say. She stares at me confused but nods and her and Michael head back to our penthouse.

"Bye Jessie!" Carla and Renee chirp. I turn to say bye to Emma but she's gone. I frown.

What's wrong with her?

Carla and Renee, Sunhi and I head out.

"How do you get to town?" I ask. "We'll take you." Renee says. I smile and nod thanks. We walk to the elevator and I notice that Sunhi is trailing slowly behind us looking down at the ground.

"You guys go ahead. We will meet you in the lobby." I tell them.

I walk back to Sunhi. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Do you think she's mad?" Sunhi asks. Is she seriously still caught up on this one thing. It happened over an hour ago.

"Sunhi are you seriously still wondering whether she's mad at you? It's okay! She's gotten over it! You really shouldn't get so caught up on stuff like that." I say raising my voice on accident which makes her flinch and take a step back.

She looks scared.

I step towards her but she jumps back.

"P-p-please don't hurt me." She says.

Then it hits me.

Flashback *trigger warning*
School a couple months ago.

"Step forward if you have ever experienced any form of abuse."

Mr. Matthew's voice rings through out the classroom. I look down and hesitate before taking a step forward.

Multiple gasp and whispers from around the room.

I look to my left and see a girl with glasses and really long brown curly hair.

The same girl that stepped forward for self harm, self hate and others...like me.

She doesn't look up at me.

She's also looking down at the floor.

End of flashback

I frown at myself for not realizing earlier.

"She's not mad at you. I promise. She's mad at Renee and Carla." Her eyes look wild but she nods. I extend my hand and we walk to the elevator.

In that moment I realize that I'm going to help her. Hopefully be her Smakle.

I blush.