Chapter 2

Maya

"So you guys hang here everyday?" I ask.

 I had been accepted into a cute little friend group. It was made up of 6 people. First there's Farkle. He sort of holds the group together... Like a mother holds a family together or like a father... He knows everyone's problems and does his best to fix and help. Then theirs Isadora Smakle. I am unsure of her relationship to Farkle but she definitely likes him. She's an adorable quirky girl and is absolutely hilarious. Her big glasses suite her now very red face perfectly. Isaiah or "Zay" as he prefers is also a newcomer to the group. He's got perfect brown skin and an amazing smile. His girlfriend Veronica hangs out with the group but is not an official member I guess you could say. I could care less about Lucas

... And then theirs Riley. Gosh that girl has got me tied around her finger... Which makes sense considering she's the Earth to my moon. I feel my cheeks start to burn up so I cover them up and look down at the ground. "Maya?" I hear Isadora calling me. I look up everyone's having their own conversations. Dammit I really need to stop zoning out. "Sorry I zoned out." I chew on my lip. "I could tell. Your cheeks were becoming a very unnatural color that usually occurs when one is fantasizing about a crush or someone they like or love." She states. I roll my eyes. "Yeah yeah." I say as I stick my tongue out at her. "Hey Maya." Lucas calls. "What do you want huckleberry?" He rolls his eyes. "Huckleberry?" I nod. "Okay. Whatever. Anyways what brings you here? To our town?" I sigh. Of course this question. It was bound to be asked sooner or later. I immediately regret submerging myself into this friend group. I don't need them knowing what I'm like. Or who I am. 

Lucas

I watch as Maya rolls her eyes and chews her lip. Is she nervous?... scared?... I can't tell but she looks very deep in thought. All I asked was a simple question. 

"Hiding something?" I ask. Trying my best to push her buttons. I was taken aback when she shot her head up at me sending cold daggers through my body and shots up my spine. "Well I've always lived here. I just was home schooled for most of my life." She answers still staring me down. "Why come to our school then?" She rolls her eyes. "It's a good school I guess. I've always been into art and Madison happens to have a very strong arts program." She turns her gaze to my girlfriend. "Lot's of beautiful works of art too." My eyes nearly bulge out of my head when she bites her lip. Riley drops her head blushing. I'm about to ask her what she meant when we are cut off by a Farkle. "Hey uh it's getting pretty late. I think I'm going to start heading home now. See you guys later. Nice to meet you by the way Maya." He winks at Maya which causes Smakle to grunt. I laugh a little. "Bye." Then there were 5. I eye Maya as she gets up and walks over to where Isadora is sitting with her head in her hands. This girl... there's something about her.

Smakle/Isadora

Farkle and I are deep in conversation when he suddenly stands up.  "Hey uh it's getting pretty late. I think I'm going to start heading home now. See you guys later. Nice to meet you by the way Maya." Then he winked at her. HE WINKED AT HER! I drop my head and can feel my cheeks heating up. I grunt and can hear Lucas giggle which only makes me feel worse. 

I drop my head in my hands as everyone says bye to him. I hear a thud on the seat next to me and feel a hand on my shoulder. "Lucas I swear-" I am cut off. "Honey don't swear. Bad words are not good." Maya smiles at me. "Oh sorry I... I thought. Ugh." She rubs my back and lowers herself to my ear. "You like him. I can tell." My cheeks immediately flare up. But its not because she knows I like him. But because of how close she is to me. I can feel her soft breath on my face as her lips graze my ear-woahhhh there pony. Calm down. You like Farkle. "Uh- um yeah uh."

 I can't even speak.