Chapter 12

Farkle

I think I might like Zay.

The whole science field trip that boy was the only thing on my mind.

I approach a group of kids standing outside of a movie theatre and realize that it's my friends.

"Hey Farkle." They say and we exchange hugs. When I approach Zay I hear snickers coming from the group.

Hm I like Snickers-

Our hands are immediately entangled and I realize that it was by Vanessa.

I'm not even mad about it.

~

Lucas

So far everything is going as planned.

Riley is starting to forget about Maya. Maya and Smakle are becoming closer. And Zay and Farkle? I honestly have no idea where that came from but I guess they are pretty cute together.

As we approach In N' Out Burger I place a hand on Smakle's shoulder and lean down to her ear. "Don't forget." Is all I say before I walk in ahead of them.

Whether she will actually do it is up to her. I'm not the one who's being blackmailed.

"What was that about?" I hear Maya ask her. "N-nothing. He was just-" I hear Smakle pause. She must be having a hard time with this. I sigh. Smakle is my friend and I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable doing something she hates. And she hates lying.

She takes a deep breath and turns to face Maya.

"Maya-" She asks looking down at the ground. "Will you- will you be my girlfriend?" She asks. Gasp come from within the group and I can tell that Maya herself is shocked.

Maya

Me

She wants me to be her girlfriend.

"Yeah. Y-es. Of course." I say and she smiles. But it's not real. I can tell she's sad about something. "Smakle? What's wrong?" I ask. She's biting her lip and there are tears in her eyes. I cup her face. "Smakle?" She pulls herself away and walks into the restaurant.

What was that about?

I look over at Farkle who is anxiously running his hands through his hair. She spots me looking and turns to walk into the restaurant, followed by Zay and Vanessa.

Once we get into the restaurant I run into the bathroom to find Smakle who's hands are covered with blood.

"W-wa- what a-" My voice trails off as I notice the smashed mirror. I take her hands and wash them off under the sink.

"What happened?" I ask. She's breathing very fast and I put a hand on the small of her back to calm her down.
"Maya." She starts. "I don't- I can't date you." She says and I scrunch my face up in confusion. "What? You were the one who-" She cuts me off. "I can't okay. I'm..." Her voice trails off and she watched the blood drain into the sink.

The door to the bathroom swings open and in walks Vanessa and Riley. Though Riley doesn't look too happy. Vanessa runs over to the sink with both hands covering her mouth. "WH-WHAT HAPPENED?" She practically screams. I shake my head and mouth 'I don't know.' Riley walks over and rubs Smakle's back.

"I'll be back." I say and walk out into the restaurant and find Farkle. I grab him by his arm and walk him outside.
"What happened to her?" I ask. Again r runs his hand through his hair avoiding my eyes. "What makes you think I know?" He asks. I scoff by accident. "Are you kidding me?"

I didn't realize that I was crying. He pulls me into a hug and I don't resist it. "Please- just- tell- me?" I say through hiccups.

He steps back and again looks anywhere but my eyes.

"Ha." He lets out a painfully awkward laugh. "Well... Smakle..." His voice trails off I grab him by his shoulders. "Smakle what?" I runs a hand through his hair

"Smakle is suicidal." He says.

No.

No.

No.

I feel myself becoming dizzy.

"MAYA!" I hear my voice being screamed.

But its too late.

The darkness takes me.