Chapter 25

Maya

When I open my eyes I realize that I am laying in Riley's bed.

"You are finally up." She throws me a black dress. I look up at her in confusion. "You wear it! Are you stupid or something?" She spits at me. "R-Riley?" Her eyes are red... As if she was crying.

This isn't real. I try and remind myself.

I put on the dress and head into the living room. Michael and Auggie were sitting on the couch with Ava talking about whatever. I go over and outstretch my arms but none of them hug me. I smile.

"W-what's going on? Come on give me hug." They just stare blankly at me. They all appear to be crying. I clasp my hands over my mouth. I stumble backwards and bump into someone. "Watch where you are going!" Topanga yells.

"It's time to go." Mr. Matthews yells as he walks out the door.

We make our way to a church and take our seats towards the front. There is a closed casket at the front.

This is- a funeral!

I stand up slowly and walk over to the casket. I slowly open it and see a girl with black hair and glasses.

"Sm-sm- Smakle!" I gasp and my eyes glaze with tears.

I- I like you a lot.

I caress her cheek hoping her eyes will open. But they don't.

I love you, Maya.

I turn around to see my father.

"N-no." I whisper out. Barely audible. He outstretches his arms and forces me to hug him. "Did you miss me?" He asks. I look up and he pushes me backwards.

I hit the floor. Hard.

Blackout.

*see any similarities? Hint: chapter 13*