Chapter Twenty-two

* * * * * (Y/N)'s P.O.V * * * * *

When I started to gain consciousness from what seemed like the worst slumber ever, I began to feel a pounding in my head like a drummer performing at a rock concert. In an attempt to take my mind from the migraine that was slashing at my brain, I kept my eye's closed and listened to my surroundings... I could here the whistle of the breeze creaking through the floor boards and the sound of a group of birds singing a sweet melody. I enjoyed the bliss of hearing virtually nothing, it was soothing...

After half an hour of lying in blissful meditation, I finally decided that it was time to get up and do something. I held myself up with my elbows as I slowly ascended up to avoid any extra pain to my head to see the glistening room that I was staying in. The room had a small circular table in the middle with beautiful water lilies in a white ceramic vase and there were beautifully painted scenic pictures hung up on each wall. Just as I was about to admire my room even more, a slight knock on the door interrupted me. "Wakey wakey, it's time to get up Lady (Y/N)" I head Kenpachi's deep yell as he slid open the door, I replied with a groan and a whiney "Nooooo, I don't wanna Kennyyy! Don't make me go outside" I pouted in hope that a cute face might win him over but to my dismay he clasped my arm and lifted me from the sheets and looked me dead in the eye saying "Its training time little Miss" as he smirked.

* * * * * One hour Time Skip * * * * *

I followed the giant around the seireitei, dragging my feet and still pouting like a five year old "Are we there yet Kenny?" I whined as I placed my finger tips on the passing walls and dragging them along. "Not far now so stop whining!" He frustratedly growled, even though his ace was becoming more stern by the minute I had absolutely no fear for the guy, only vexation for getting me up and exercising so early. The sun beamed on my head making my head sweat, which was not great as I was wearing a white kimono that would become see though if any liquid got on it. I blocked out the journey to wherever the hell we were travelling to, I was bored. I was tired. And I was ABSOLUTELY sick of walking in this heat!

"We're here!" Kenny expelled as he held both of his arms out as if there was a grand reveal, slightly excited about his enthusiasm I quickly ran around his body to see what all of the fuss was about. My face sank as I turned to look back at him, "You're telling me, we walked all this way to a courtyard covered with dust...?" The only thing in the court yard was the small but smart Hitsugaya, with his arms crossed but a smile too his face

"Its not just that Lady (Y/N)? Its your training ground for the next couple of days before the fight. Hitsugaya and I will train you here" He said softly. Panic lingered over my already pounding head as the dread of training and the thought of the games started to scratch at my brain. "Im in the first match of the games... Worse yet, I have to train with these two and I don't even have any God powers!" I thought to myself "WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO WHEN THEY FIND OUT I DONT HAVE MY POWERS" I shouted. Immediately realising I was thinking out loud, I slammed my hands over my mouth as the two captains looked at me with confusion.

Kenny was gawking at my face but with no emotion to his gaze and Toshiro was just as blank as Kenpatchi was. I didn't want them to find this out like this, but I didn't exactly want to be entered in to the god games and get absolutely slaughtered. "Guys... I can explain..." I stuttered, the pair still not breaking their state.
"You mean to tell us that you don't even have powers?? And your entering the games!" Kenny exclaimed, releasing a slight spray on spit
"Well I obviously didn't mean it to happen like this kenpachi! I got caught up in the moment and know I'm frigging here!!" Looking at the ground, I raised my head slightly expecting Toshiro to jump into the conversation and show some sympathy. I couldn't be more wrong...

"You are stupid. How are we suppose to train someone that doesn't even know the basics!" Hitsugya slung his hand to his head as if he was ashamed of the god that he had been assigned to. Seeing the kinder captain disappointed made my chest tighten and my eyes start to bubble. Before any of the captains could say another word I yelled "well I'm sorry for being such a disappointment! I'll just enter the games without any training!" whilst streams of tears clashed down my face. Surprised at the level of emotions I was feeling, the captains were left speechless as I ran straight out of the courtyard and into the endless maze of the seireitei.

A.N - I haven't wrote in a while so I need to apologise for that first! And my second heartfelt apology will be for this short (and frankly rubbish) chapter! My confidence in this story is quite low at the minute so I will try my complete and utter best to unblock my writers block and get creative juices flowing.
Peace out ✌🏾️