Chapter Thirty-two

"KENNY!?"

I wait a second for a response...

"KENPATCHI, I know your still outside my door, get your ass in here! I have a question!"

As if caught in the act, Kenny slowly pushed the door open and entered my room twiddling his thumbs and looking down at his feet like a child about to be scolded. After a few steps (larges steps, I mean come on guys, he's practically a giant!) Kenpatchi was stood, towering over my limp body that was still laying on the bed, face staring upwards"

"If I wanted to postpone the fight until tomorrow, how would I go about doing that?" I asked calmly and almost sweetly in order to entice him to answer with a genuine response.

"I don't know Miss (Y/n)... no one; since the God Games began, has ever needed to postpone a match" he softly said, shifting his strong but soft gaze from his feet to my non-expressing face.

"I... I'm just really not ready for this today. I wasted a full day. I could of been prepared but no..."

Kenpatchi sensed that there was more to my so called "unprepared" pre-game jitters that he realised and decided to perch his large body onto the edge of my bed.

"I guess if anyone has the power to postpone anything this big, it would be Captain Yamamoto. He seems to have a fondness for you Miss (y/n), so I'm sure if anyone can convince him... it would be you."

Just as he finished his sentence, I turn my head to face him causing a tear; that was pooling in my eye, to fall down to my cheek. Kenpatchi had also turned to look down at me catching a glimpse of my tear. Even though his face was rough and appeared worn, a soft and hopeful smile graced his face.

"Whatever your going through Miss (y/n), I'm sure you'll find a way to get through it. Your a strong girl"

After his elegant words of wisdom, he slowly stood up from the bed and paced out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

He's right...

I must find Captain Yamamoto and convince him to give me just a little more time to prepare...

That when I finally realised it.

I wanted to win. I wanted to be the ultimate God. Not for personal gain, but to right the wrongs.