Chapter Thirty-Three

I need to speak to Captain Yamamoto and I need to speak to him urgently!

Grabbing my Uwabaki swiftly; that were neatly placed by my bed, as I ran to the door, I suddenly stopped my tracks as I caught my reflection in the mirror that was placed by the door. I was still in my sweaty, raggedy training clothes!

"I definitely can't meet Captain Yamamoto like this! He would take one look at me and gag" I yelped out in frustration.

Scanning my room, I dive towards a single wardrobe that hid in the corner of the room. It appeared almost abandoned and I certainly hadn't noticed it before. Like a shoji door, the wardrobe had four paper panels in a singular, vertical line. The wood was worn, dark and also had old cobwebs branching from the sides. Although the wardrobe was a single door, it reached from the ceiling to the floor.

I swing the doors open in search for something half decent to present myself in but all that emerged was an insane amount of moth balls and two linen clothes covers, which seemed to have something in them and an old painted box.

Closing my eyes and crossing my fingers, I grab the linen clothes covers and pray that something wearable was hanging inside. I fling them onto the floor and kneel geisha-like on the floor to reveal my "Captain Yamamoto meeting" outfit. The first cover had maybe fiver or six silk shawls, varying in colour and design and even though it would never work as an outfit alone, I couldn't help but run each and every piece of fabric through my fingers. Once I had fulfilled my need to stroke the silk, I eyed up the second cover and slowly pulled the zip down.

Unclasping the zipper inch by inch, shining through it was beautiful Kimono of a lilac colour, which faded into a light blue. Along the bottom of the light blue was a delicate embroidery of two cranes gracefully flying above a lake, which was in front of a blooming blush pink blossom tree.

This is perfect.

I immediately strip out of my training clothes and strategically wrap the kimono tight around my body. The kimono was slightly too big, leaving it a little bit baggy in areas that I wouldn't want Captain Yamamoto seeing. I tied the fabric belt so that it hugged my waist, which made the fabric pull up slightly, causing the kimono to rise just above knee level.

Walking barefooted to the bed, I could feel the soft fabric brushing against my thigh as I took every step. The floor creaked when my foot met the floor and unlike horror films where you get an eerie feeling like you are being watched, the creaks below my feet was almost melodic. Whilst sitting on the edge of the bed; right where Kenny had sat earlier today, I slipped my uwabaki on in preparation to search for Captain Yamamoto.

I need extra time...