Chapter Twenty Six

Two young lady's dressed all In white kimono's walked into the arena, the crowd fell silent while they gaped at the wind blowing through their hair. The girls gleamed with beauty and grace however this did not stop them from sending death glares to one an other. The atmosphere was growing in tenseness as the girls grew closer in distance, finally being face to face... (Y/n) finally completely realised that this was happening and it was most likely not going to be in her favour.

A small droplet of sweat fell against her brow as She gulped and gazed deep into the other girls eyes. Not wanting her fear to show on her face she rose beautiful head in false confidence and swung her arms into the air to gain the public's attention and as if she had planned it all, the crowds jumped up in excitement about the over confident goddess.

The air was humid and weather was scorching but the odd breeze would embrace everyone's face as they sat in anticipation of he games. Aware that the god games had to begin sometime, captain Yamamoto stood up again and took his place at a specific golden engraved stand so that all of the soul society members could have him in their views. "Today's battle will be between goddess Ryoko Kashiwabara, God of wealth and Goddess Kanamori Shina, God of creation and destruction. The best of luck to both of you my highness'" he spoke softly to the girls. He slowly glanced at Ryoko but then turned to kanamori, being his secret favourite he blessed her with a slight nod of his head and a sneaky smile. Noticing that he had hope for her even though she had non, she returned the smile reluctantly.

Ichigo stared intensely at the old mans smile and grew curious to what or who had caused him to smile. His eyes directed to the arena and the girls that stood below them and to his surprise he noticed one in particular (but we knew all along that he would certainly notice something, didn't we readers ;3) the way she looked, her stance and of course her (h/l), (h/c) hair dancing in the wind. With all of the chaos of the god games and being back in the soul society on his mind, he was totally distracted from the loss of his good friend (y/n). "They look so alike..." He whispered to himself as his heart began to sink, along with his cares for the god games.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Ryoko stared me down after the crowd was silenced from captain yamamoto's small speech. "Watch your back princess" she mouthed to me with a devilish grin to her face. The only noise stirring in the arena was the whistles from the birds and the air blowing underneath the sanded floor that was underneath us, it almost reminded me of my beautiful garden... Just as my day dream of this morning was starting to seem like reality, I felt a sharp stinging pain against my face and realised that I was flying backwards towards the wall of the arena. Crashing against the wall, the walls crushed around me causing a crater. The Dust that dispersed from my crash made it almost impossible to see whether I was injured or not. Taking this moment of invisibility and using it to my advantage, I let out a small flood of tears as I grabbed my now sore, bruised head before thinking "what have I got myself into..."

I slowly got up on my feet, but was quite shaken and uneasy as I stumbled. The nausea grew to be almost unbearable. The dust cloak that was covering my visibility had now vanished and revealed the crowds standing and cheering. It was like my senses were completely blocked in that quick motion action... The crowds cheering grew louder as my hearing started to become clearer. My vision was slightly blurred but I had just enough sight to see my opponent standing in a fighting stance with a smug grin on her face. I needed to prepare for the worst, if it wasn't bad enough that I had to endure that much pain from a kick to the face... Ryoko was preparing herself for an even bigger move.

Everything was seeming to move in slow motion as I glared back at the powerful god In front of me. How can I be standing here in this exact moment... If I said no to start with, I would never have to put everyone through such disappointment. My head glanced around the arena for my attention to be grabbed by my captains... Toshiro and Kenny, with the same worried look on their face but standing in totally different stances. Captain hitsugya had both of his hands on the stone platform fence that surround the captains area and was screaming my name with desperation in his eyes. I wonder why he looks so desperate? On the other hand, what had shocked me the most was captain zaraki who was reaching one arm out as if he was trying to pull me away from something, with his other hand covering one of his eyes like he was trying to block his sight. What had gotten into my brave, strong captains.