Chapter 8

This one is dedicated to Sasha again. This time for telling me to get the hell off Facebook and get to writing. Thanks!

I didn't even realize that the rain had stopped falling. All I knew for certain was that it was still the dead of the night. Some part of me wished that the clouds would roll away, just so that I could have some more light around me. I have never longed for the moon the way I was doing at this very moment. I needed the light, which was weird, because I have always felt safer when I have been secluded in the darkness. Now however I did not feel safe. I did not think that I would ever feel safe again in my life. I just knew deep in my heart that I would always be this lonely, scared boy that I was now.

The hill was steep but I kept on climbing, determined to reach the top. My last journey to the top of the world. Metaphorically the journey that I would never be able to take in real life. I needed to get to the top – no matter what happened. That was all I kept saying to myself over and over again.

And then everything just went black. The darkness swallowed me. It embraced me and took me away. I wasn't cold or hungry anymore. I was just gone without a trace.

***

I died.

I'm sure of it.

But then why on earth could I hear someone screaming my name? Could it truly be an angel? It sounds like one. But if his voice is that of an angel then that must mean that...

"Blake," I whisper as I open my eyes slowly, still wanting to remain in the fantasy of death I have been cradling.

"Elijah? What the hell?" I could hear the panic in his voice, but I was staring too deeply into his eyes, only wanting that to remain a reality, not wanting to admit yet that I am indeed alive.

I could feel his hands move over my body. Squeezing my legs. My arms. I didn't want him to ever stop. I needed him to keep on touching me. It made me feel safe, having his hands on me.

"It doesn't seem like anything is broken." I heard his voice but it didn't fully register. I was still too far gone, but I could make out that there were stars in the sky. I never really noticed how beautiful they could look until now. They made me think of the light I always saw behind Blake's eyes.

"Blake..."

I could feel his hands, but I could not see him anymore. He was fading from my view once more. And then all of a sudden he came back.

Gone.

Back.

Gone.

Back.

Fading in and out.

And then there was just black.

***

The first sensation that I got was the fact that everything was soft around me. That and I could smell him. I could smell Blake everywhere around me. It was pleasant and that is probably the reason why I could not or did not want to open my eyes. Until I did.

It looked foreign. My posters was not on the wall anymore. Someone replaced my huge My Chemical Romance poster with a silly collage of photo's in which I could tell by default that I wasn't in. It's not like I ever posed for photos with anybody else. Apart from the forced photo at my birthday and Christmas every year with my mom I don't think I have ever posed for a photo. Well, at least not in the last four years. There's never been anybody to pose with in any case.