Chapter 18

When the lights flickered out 45 minutes later I was left in the dark, breathless and not knowing what to say or think anymore. Blake had just done the most romantic thing anybody has ever done for me, and I knew there was no way that I could ever live up to anything like what he has done. In fact, I do not think that anyone could ever live up to that.

I was still sitting in awe when a hand touched my shoulder, and I turned around, ready to finally face Blake and thank him for the most wonderful date that any guy anywhere could have ever asked for. However, Blake was not the person standing behind me. It was the girl who had shown me into the theater.

"Come with me," she said with a wink, which I could barely make out in the darkened theater.

Everything in me screamed that I should wait for Blake, but at the same time he might have another surprise and after how pleasant the previous one was, there was no way that I was going to allow myself or my dark thoughts to spoil anything else. I took a decision right there and then as I stood up and blindly followed the girl through the empty seats toward the back on the theater: I will from now on trust Blake completely, for he obviously knew me better than I knew myself.

I blinked a few times as I left the theater. My eyes not quite ready for the sharp light that blinded me after the darkness I was in just a moment ago.

At first I thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me, until my eyes adjusted and I truly saw what was in front of me.

There he was. The perfect guy in the perfect shirt that read my name and stated how much he loved me. With a bunch of pitch black long stem roses in his hands, looking like the prince of the Underworld, coming to sweep me away to some faraway place and make me happy forever, keeping me safe in the darkness that I have come to love so much over the years.

"Elijah! My love!" Blake said very loudly, the other people in the theater now turning to watch us, encircling us to see what was going on. I off course blushed so much that I had no idea where to put my face, but I kept my eyes locked on his.

"You have come into my life and you have changed the person that I want to become. Once, not very long ago I thought that I was lost. I knew that I was broken. And then... Then you glued me back into place, whether you know it or not. You have become my savior. You have become the person that I think about when I wake up in the mornings. You are the last thing on my mind before I fall asleep."

This was getting personal. I could feel the crowd of people around us, but weirdly, they had started to fade away into a whirl of color. All that I could see was Blake. He was the only object that seemed to focus in my mind.

"Elijah... Please allow me to do for you what you have done for me the moment that I laid eyes on you. Allow me to glue you too. I love you!" Blake screamed the last sentence, his eyes still twinkling, his arms outstretched toward me, holding the flowers.

Slowly I started to walk over to him. One step at a time. Ignoring all the hungry eyes watching me, seeing what my next move would be. And although it was very sweet and I believed each and every word that came from his lips, I was terrified. Terrified of all the people around me. What if there was someone in the crowd that knew me? That would hear me whisper to him that I loved him too? What if it all came out and my dad heard the news and started coming after me. I could not hide in Blake's arms and Lucy's spare room forever. There was a time that it would have to end. There would come a time where the fairytale would break apart and I would be left with nothing more than the normal I was used to. The normal that made me a victim, not wanting to talk; with a big black cross slapped across my lips. I had to remember that this was a dream. Nothing more than a fantasy. That Blake might be the perfect guy, but that I was not. And this was too much. And everything was happening just a little bit too big and a little bit too fast.