Chapter 16

By the time we got home I was beat. I didn't want to lift another finger, not that I had to. The help at Lucy's house was more than happy to do everything and anything for us, and even though her mother was away and I was free to roam the house I wanted nothing more than to just go to my room and check my phone. I knew already that there would be messages from my parents that would upset me, but maybe if Blake left some messages as well it would in a way cancel each other out. Lucy however had other things on her mind. Apparently she wasn't kidding when she mentioned me painting her toes.

"You smudged again!" she screamed. It wasn't a mad scream. It was a scream full of giggles that went along with a kick that almost did enough damage for Lucy to owe me a new nose.

"Ouch!" I screamed grabbing my nose. "Why don't you just have someone professional do it?"

"Because it's more fun this way!" she squealed as she grabbed the remote to turn Taylor Swift's terrible voice louder.

"Do you have to torture me with that terrible screeching?" I looked at her with just a little bit of hatred in my eyes, and at the same time I realized something else.

This was what normal teenagers did. They fought with each other about music choices and clothing and painted each other's toenails. They talked about boys and virginity and how terrible their parents were, although their parents were perfectly fine to begin with. And then there was me who hadn't opened his mouth in such a long time that he forgot how to have fun at all. To be honest, apart from Taylor's wailing in the background I was actually enjoying myself a lot. Even the kick to the nose wasn't that bad. It wasn't even bleeding. And to top it all off I hadn't had a single urge to cut myself today, unless once again you count in the music. Listening to that I did have the urge to fall out my teeth of some road and then chew through my wrists with my gums. It would without a doubt be less painful than listening to the wailing that Lucy called music.

"Maybe we could go and see her on tour?" Lucy suggested, acting as if I didn't mention that the music was a screeching.

"Do you want to kill me?" I asked with all the seriousness I could muster.

"Quite," Lucy answered with an evil grin spread over her face. "And that looks perfect thank you."

She looked at her feet where I just finished her nails. It wasn't anywhere near perfect, but most of the smudges had been covered up.

"So what's you thing with Blake? How did you fix him?" I asked as I walked over to the little fridge in her room to retrieve myself a Dr. Pepper and Lucy a diet Coke.

"I told you... You will have to ask him," she said absentmindedly taking the can from me while still admiring her toes.

"But Lucy..." I began but she cut me off.

"Has he fucked you yet?"

Dr. Pepper for everyone! I spat out the cool drink that was in my mouth that immediately formed darker pink blotches on the lighter pink carpet that I was standing on.

"What did you say?" I knew exactly what she had said, but I needed to make sure that I heard her correctly.

"I asked if Blake has fucked you yet? As in had sex? He used to fuck his ex-boyfriend's brains out all the time," she said and then giggled.

I felt myself getting red around the face. I probably looked like an over ripe tomato. But the idea of Blake with someone else was news to me. Obviously he wasn't a virgin. I had thought that much. He was smoking hot to say the least. But the idea of another guy; and not just some random guy buy an actual boyfriend. That scared me a bit to think about. He had someone he could compare me to. Someone that might have had much less issues than I had.