miss you

REYNA FROWNED FROM her spot on the couch beside Blake as she watched Sebastian with Mariana and Theo. He was getting ready to leave, and although Reyna had been anticipating it for the last few months, it had only just now hit her. Had it not been for her children, there was a possibility she wouldn't be able to handle him being gone at all. Because of Theo and Mariana, it had been years since the two of them had taken a job on a movie or a television show, but this was an opportunity Sebastian couldn't pass up, and Reyna knew that. This was something the fans had been wanting for years, and Sebastian didn't want to let them down.

The smile on Sebastian's face disappeared as he met Reyna's sad green eyes. He tilted his head at her, his lips curling up only slightly. Even after so many many years of being together, seeing Reyna upset was easily the worst for him. He wanted to see her happy, but he knew that wasn't possible at the moment because he was leaving.

"Can I see a smile on that pretty face of yours before I leave?" Sebastian asked as he walked over to where she sat on the couch.

The corner of Reyna's lips pulled up slightly and she reached out to grab his extended hand, allowing him to pull her off of the couch. "I wish you didn't have to go."

"Well, he has to, so get the hell over it," Ryan exclaimed as he scooped up Mariana and James before scurrying away.

Sebastian shook his head at Ryan and moved to wrap his arms around Reyna. He pulled her in tightly, burying his head into her neck as if to savor her smell. He wouldn't be seeing her for months at a time—unless she made the trip to see him with the kids—and he wanted every last one of her characteristics and features melded into the soft tissues of his brain. He was going to miss her a ton, but he hoped it wouldn't be as bad as he was anticipating.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," Sebastian said, his voice slightly muffled by her hair.

Reyna squeezed him tighter as she pressed her cheek to his chest. "I'm gonna miss you, too, Sebastian."

"I'm gonna miss him more," Theo remarked as he hurried over to his parents, latching tightly onto Sebastian's leg.

Reyna chuckled and pulled away from Sebastian long enough to grab her very adamant son. "I'll let you believe what you want, Theodor."

"That's not my name, momma," he replied.

"That's not what your birth certificate says, Theodor," Reyna sassed. "Why don't you go find your sister? I hear she's been messing with your toys again."

Blake snorted from her spot on the couch, while Sebastian merely shook his head at Reyna.

Theo's eyes widened at the sound of his mom's words, however. "My Marvel action figures?"

Reyna nodded. "She's been taking them and dressing them up. I saw Captain America wearing a tutu and Bucky had on pink lipstick."

"Bucky wears makeup anyway, momma, but Captain America doesn't belong in a tutu!" Theo protested as he ran down the hallway towards the stairs, calling his sister's name as he did so.

Sebastian chuckled and grabbed Reyna again, pulling her close once more. "What kind of mother tries to turn her own kids against each other?"

"You're lookin' at her," Reyna smiled.

"I love you so much," Sebastian said as he pulled away from her, his blue eyes meeting her green ones. "I'm really gonna miss you. . .like so damn much."

"I'm gonna miss you, too," Reyna spoke quietly.

Sebastian dipped down to press his lips to hers in a passionate and loving kiss; he wasn't sure when he was going to get the chance to do it again.

The sound of footsteps and screaming, however, pulled the two of them apart. The two of them, as well as Blake, turned their heads to see a screaming Mariana running into the living room. Theo was chasing after her with a plastic baseball bat. Reyna's eyes widened and she moved to grab Theodor, while Sebastian grabbed Mariana in an attempt to protect her from her older brother.

"Jesus Christ, Theo," Reyna breathed out as she pulled the small boy into her arms.

Blake stood up and grabbed the bat from his hand, as she knew he wouldn't hesitate to at least throw it at his sister, who was now holding onto Sebastian as tightly as she could.

"He tried to hit me," Mariana exclaimed as she buried her head in Sebastian's neck.

"She took my stuff," Theo countered as he struggled in his mother's grip.

"No I didn't!" Mariana retorted.

Blake laughed and swung the bat around in her hands. "This is why you shouldn't lie to your kids, Rey."

"How did I know he was going to go after her with a fucking bat?"

Mariana frowned and looked at her mom. "Don't say bad words, mommy—I don't wike it, okay?" she squeaked, earning a small laugh from Sebastian.

"Can I clear something up here?" Ryan's voice sounded as he entered the living room. "I gave Theo the bat and I also might have told him that violence was the only solution to his problem."

"Now I'm kind of terrified to leave knowing that you're helping take care of my children," Sebastian said as he instinctively squeezed Mariana tighter in his arms.

Blake hit Ryan over the back of the head with the bat and turned her attention to Sebastian. "Don't worry, Seb, I've got this."

"That hardly makes me feel any better."

"It's okay," Reyna then spoke as she pulled Theo over her shoulder. "I've got this; we're gonna be okay, Sebastian."

Sebastian scoffed. "That doesn't help either, but you guys have fun with yourselves. Just know that if I come back to my daughter acting like my son, someone will have hell to pay."

Mariana giggled and hugged Sebastian's neck tightly. "S'okay, daddy—I promise I be good for you."

"Parenting done right," Sebastian said as he gestured to Mariana.

Reyna simply rolled her eyes and shook her head. She pretended to be annoyed with him, but in reality she was already trying not to miss him, though it would prove to be much harder than she thought.

______________

THIS IS SHIT LOL, BUT I TRIED