torn

SCARLETT MADE HER way across the lot, scurrying as quickly as she could towards Sebastian's trailer. Filming had ended over an hour and a half ago, and though Scarlett normally would've headed back to her condo, she needed to talk to Sebastian. She refused to let Reyna cry herself to sleep again tonight; she wanted to know what his problem was, and she wanted to know now.

Scarlett approached the large trailer and knocked on the door, silently cursing Sebastian for not staying in a condo the way everyone else was. The size of his trailer allowed him to remain on set, as did personal reasons that no one else seemed to know about.

"Sebastian, I know you're in there," Scarlett spoke when there was no answer. It wasn't very late, so she knew he wasn't asleep; the work day had been less than strenuous for the cast.

There was shuffling on the other side of the door, though there was still no answer. Scarlett rolled her eyes in annoyance and pulled on the door's latch, seemingly relieved to find that it wasn't locked. She hurried up the stairs and into his trailer, stopping when she noticed Sebastian sitting on the couch with his feet propped up and a bottle of alcohol in his hand, as well as a pretty disgruntled Leighton sitting in the chair opposite of him.

"What's up, Scar?" Sebastian greeted her as he took a swig from the bottle.

Scarlett watched as Leighton shook her head and rolled her eyes before standing up, grabbing her bag from the floor and making her way over to Scarlett.

"Good luck with him," Leighton told her. "He's been like that since filming ended."

"Thanks," Scarlett sighed and Leighton gave her a small smile before heading out of the trailer, closing the door behind her.

Scarlett turned her attention to Sebastian, who was busy nursing on the bottle of whiskey in his hand. She walked over to him, ripping it from his hand and sitting it on the counter.

"That was rude," Sebastian muttered as he sat up, running a hand through his tousled, shoulder-length hair.

"So is alcohol poisoning, which you've had your fair share of experience with," Scarlett remarked as she sat down beside him on the couch.

Sebastian eyed his friend and co-star curiously. Part of him wondered what she was doing in his trailer, but the other part of him knew her reasons for being presents, and they were reasons he didn't want to talk about. "I assume you're here to chastise me about the way I've been acting the past two and a half weeks?"

"Even when you're drunk you're still pretty intelligent," Scarlett mused with a soft chuckle.

Sebastian snorted and shook his head. "I'm not even close to being drunk, despite the fact that I wish I was."

"Why, Sebastian?" Scarlett asked him quietly, resting a reassuring hand over top of his.

"It's easier," Sebastian answered with a sigh.

Scarlett's brows fell in confusion at the sound of his words. "Why, Sebastian? What's been going on with you?"

"Reyna is what's been going on with me," Sebastian answered her as he laid his head back against the cushion. "I have spent the last four years with her, Theo, and Mariana. I haven't been to work, and if I have the job was very small and close to home. This one isn't, and it requires me being away from not only my kids, but Reyna as well. I can't sleep, I can't eat—I can't do anything except act my ass off so I can get back home to them, get back home to her."

Scarlett seemed relieved to know that was really what was going on, though she hated seeing Sebastian so torn over it. "If you miss her, why haven't you been talking to her?"

Sebastian let out a sigh. "Talking to her but not being with her literally kills me; it's so much easier for me to just distance myself from her, no matter how much I don't want to."

"You know it's the complete opposite for her, right? She can't stand not being with you, let alone not talking to you," Scarlett said quietly. "She's been crying herself to sleep at night because you won't answer her phone calls or her texts, Sebastian."

Sebastian looked to Scarlett, his glistening blue eyes filling with sadness and regret. "I didn't know that, I really didn't."

"She also knows that you've been spending a lot of time with Leighton, and it freaked her out. She thinks you two are. . ." Scarlett trailed off, as she was unsure how to continue with her words.

"She thinks we what?" Sebastian asked before his eyes—now filling with sad and regretful tears—widened in realization. "She thinks Leighton and I are. . .how could she possibly believe I would ever do something like that to her? I love her more than my own life; I could never hurt her like that, or myself for that matter."

Scarlett gave a ghost of a smile and nodded her head. "I know, but when you ignore her like that and refuse to speak to her, that's kind of what her mind drifts to. I do have to ask, though—why have you and Leighton become so close as of lately?"

"She's been helping me with something that I really don't wanna talk about right now," Sebastian sighed and wiped his face. "But I can't do this—I really can't. I need to see her."

"I know you do, Sebastian, and she needs to see you too, but now isn't the time," Scarlett spoke sadly. "I promise you'll see her soon. But please, just talk to her. She's my best friend, and you know I can't stand to see her the way she is."

Sebastian frowned and nodded. "I can't stand knowing she is the way she is, but I'll call her. I promise."

"That's all I ask."