visitor

REYNA LAY ON the floor in her living room, her gaze fixed on the large flat screen television hanging on the wall. She was working on binge watching Pretty Little Liars, while Ryan and Blake played with Mariana and James and Theo several feet away from her. Sebastian was "napping" upstairs, or so he claimed to be. Reyna had wanted him to watch the show with her but he had refused by saying it gave him more nightmares than it should have, so she left him be.

"Mommy," Mariana exclaimed as she hopped off of the couch, her Elsa doll in hand. "Theo ripped Elsie's head off."

Reyna craned her head to look at Mariana, her green eyes narrowed as she studied the headless doll in her hands. She frowned and looked at Theo, who was laughing at his little sister's misfortune.

"Theo, why would you do that?"

"You told me she put makeup on my action figures," Theo defended himself.

Reyna sighed and paused the show before standing up, grabbing Theo as she did so. "Well, she didn't."

"This is what happened when you lie to your kids," Blake chuckled as she headed into the kitchen, Ryan on her tail.

Reyna rolled her eyes and started up the stairs with Theo in her arms. A knock on the door sounded seconds later, followed by Mariana's voice. Reyna continued up the stairs and into hers and Sebastian's room.

"I wanna go back downstairs and play, mama," Theo whined as he struggled to free himself from his mother's arms.

"Yeah, well when you stop destroying your sister's toys you can," Reyna remarked.

Sebastian sat up in bed, his brow raised as he watched Reyna carry Theo over to the chair in the corner of the room. "What are you doing with him?" Sebastian asked, his tone groggy.

"Leaving him for you to deal with," Reyna answered as she sat him down.

Sebastian wasn't given a chance before Mariana ran into the room, nearly tripping over her small feet. "Mama, there's a nice man at the door for you," she squeaked as she grabbed Reyna's hand and began to pull her out the door.

"What man, Ellie?" Sebastian asked her.

"I dunno, daddy, but he has flowers," Mariana giggled as she managed to pull Reyna out the door.

Reyna then picked her up, hugging her tightly to her side as she made her way towards the door. Ryan and Blake were both still in the kitchen, as she could smell the food they were making and hear them laughing with one another, so she doubted they had seen the man Mariana had told her about.

The moment she approached the door, she pulled it open. The welcoming smile on her face dropped as she took in the sight of the man on the other side of the door, and, instead, a wave of fear rushed into her body. She instinctively pulled Mariana tighter to her body and took a few steps back, though could move no more. The only thing that seemed to work was her voice, and so she used it.

"Sebastian, Ryan," she called out, her voice shaky.

Ryan was the first to appear, though Sebastian was right behind him. The moment Ryan laid eyes on the man at the door, he grabbed Reyna and pulled her behind him protectively.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here, Robertson?" Ryan asked angrily as his grip on Reyna tightened.

"You're not exactly the man I was counting on seeing by her side," Chase chuckled and clutched the bouquet of flowers tighter in his hands.

Sebastian then appeared, his eyes falling on Reyna and Ryan before shifting to Chase. His blue eyes flashed with anger and he stepped in front of Ryan, his eyes boring into his.

"Why the fuck are you here?" Sebastian exclaimed.

Mariana whined at the sound of her father's tone, and Ryan spun around quickly to remove her from Reyna's arms before carrying her away. Reyna took a few steps forward, though Sebastian held his arm out and grabbed her, pulling her behind him protectively.

"To apologize," Chase answered with a sigh. His eyes flickered from Sebastian to Reyna and back to Sebastian, and he frowned.

"I told you what would happen if you tried anything," Sebastian said to him, earning a confused look from Reyna.

Chase rolled his eyes and shook his head. "No, you told me what would happen if I showed up on her Twitter or her Instagram or her phone; you never said anything about showing up at your house."

"Did you talk to him?" Reyna asked Sebastian with furrowed brows. "And you didn't think to tell me?"

"I'm trying to protect you," Sebastian muttered.

"Well, you don't need to, because I'm not here to harm her or your daughter or even you or your son," Chase assured Sebastian. "I'm just here to apologize, okay?"

Sebastian let out a sarcastic laugh. "I told you you weren't getting any kind of forgiveness from me or her, so I'd appreciate it if you would leave. . .now. I'd force you out myself, but I'd rather not in front of my kids."

Chase sighed and looked at Reyna. "I'm not gonna stop until you forgive me," he told her before placing the flowers down on the welcome mat and turning to leave.

Sebastian shut the door and ran a hand through his hair, turning to face a seemingly distraught Reyna.

"Are you okay, sweetie?"

Reyna nodded and pulled him into a hug as she tried to find some sort of comfort in him from seeing their unexpected visitor.

_______________

SHITTY BUT IMPORTANT, BUT JUST IN CASE Y'ALL ARE SCARED IMMA MURDER SOMEONE, I'M NOT. I KNOW WE ALL HATE HIM (ME INCLUDED) BUT CHASE IS GENUINELY SORRY FOR WHAT HE DID SO YEAH